Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Smorgan faces challenge over board row

Good point OD but is this because the club has negative things going on at the moment,?
    Where there is smoke there is fire.
    If this is lies you would expect both David and Susan to come out together to put it to rest.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Not sure why but I can't tell if you are being serious.

Find this story hard to believe.
    I can back TCD up on this.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

All of this just reinforces my view that there was more going on at the club than just a bad season on the field and that maybe the s!!! goinging on behind the scenes spilled ont the field, especially in the wake of Rose leaving the club. The litany of infighting this year has been phenomenal:

Match Committee v Lake
    Players v Lake
    Alberti v Smorgon
    Smorgon v Dimma et al

Successful organisations have healthy disputes which serve to ensure that the direction of the club is focussed appropriately. Unfortunately we have unhealthy disputes which seeem to get personal, seem to result in individuals not following the plan and then a weak management team who do nothing to refocus individuals on the team plan.

Maybe all of these things were festering underneath during the Rose reign, but it seems like on heck of a conincidence that they all seemed to emerge within a year of his departure.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Smorgon faces challenge over board row

I dunno....Wasn't it only last week that Alberti endorsed SmorGON as the top bloke?
    Not sure what to believe there. The article also comes at a bit of an opportunistic time for opponents of the board.

In short, bit suss
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by OldBulldog View Post
    From my observations Brad Hardie is always involved in negative things with regard to the club. Like Dimma just appear to be shit stirring, I wish one or both of them woud just do something POSITIVE for the club !
    Not true ... Brad only has good things to say about the Bulldogs both on Perth radio (4-5 nights a week) or in person on the number of occassions that I have spoken with him.
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Bring it on.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I can back TCD up on this.
    I wasn't doubting him, just wasn't sure if he was serious.

I was doubting the story though. Shattered if it is true.

Post Thanks / Like

As much as I regard Hardie as a footballer , lets not forget he only ever played 47 games for us and it still confuses me as he his held in such high esteem after he swirled a Bulldogs jumper around and then stomped on it.
    Boyd and Cross cop a hiding on Woof, but a looser footballer I have not seen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    As much as I regard Hardie as a footballer , lets not forget he only ever played 47 games for us and it still confuses me as he his held in such high esteem after he swirled a Bulldogs jumper around and then stomped on it.
    Agreed.

And the bloke has less credibility than Aker.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EJ Smith View Post
    Agreed.

And the bloke has less credibility than Aker.
    ouch!, that's a bit harsh isn't it?

It may seem like the world is falling apart but let's look at it this way, perhaps it will be a change for the better?

Not everyone liked Napoleon but he did have some success, for a little while anyway.

The club has been due for a change for a while now and the longer it goes on for the larger the impact will be. Perhaps with Susan Alberti in charge (first female president?), it could start a wave of ground support for the club. It worked back in 97 when David Smorgon came to power, a disastrous year in 96 after being in finals previously, lead to Wallace taking over (some might say he back stabbed Joyce), an ex player in Rick Kennedy stood up and brought in David Smorgon with him and things went up from there.

To me it sounds like a very similar situation all over again.

Post Thanks / Like

The media blows things up, is it as bad as they say?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KT31 View Post
    We are a strange lot at the Bulldogs - Hall belted one of our favourites (Grant) behind the play, yet after playing two seasons with us is feted as a hero - he was cheered harder than Hudson (who left the Crows with one target in mind - the Bulldogs) and Hahn who played ~180 games with us and was seen cheering the team on in 06 despite doing his knee the same night.
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    The media blows things up, is it as bad as they say?
    If anyone has been part of a Board or Committee (I've been President of a Junior Footy Club) you would know that, no matter how hard you try and make everyone happy, there will always be people that aren't. Clubs will never be 100% rosey at Board or Committee level, and it's just because the Doggies have had such a bad year, there is more focus on it.
    I'm not too worried about it all. You are always in the spotlight when your team is not doing well.
    If Collingwood was sitting where we are, imagine the blow up about Buckley taking over next year...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    We are a strange lot at the Bulldogs - Hall belted one of our favourites (Grant) behind the play, yet after playing two seasons with us is feted as a hero - he was cheered harder than Hudson (who left the Crows with one target in mind - the Bulldogs) and Hahn who played ~180 games with us and was seen cheering the team on in 06 despite doing his knee the same night.
    To be fair, Barry also left the Swans with one place in mind and wanted to get to us much earlier than he did.

I agree we're a strange lot though.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Bump. No new information but bumping because supposedly this was all going to happen after the senior coach was announced and now that's happened. Will be interesting to see what (if anything) happens over the next few weeks.