Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: $5million' Dog Fight

I am hearing you Mantis but maybe it s the Dimma ticket that wants the media attention but the banker prefers to be in the background.

Post Thanks / Like

Is Dimma really making a big song and dance? I can't see any quotes from him in the article. So who knows what is happening.

I think though that if Dimma is serious about a challenge he would not be so foolish to make any challenge without some heavy firepower. He's obviously a smart businessman and knows a challenge to Smorgon on a "his time is up basis" wouldn't work. Smorgon is a formidable opponent and no doubt still has many supporters, and seems to have the press on side.

Dimma will need to be well prepared and bring some juicy goodies to the table to have a realistic chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Callan Ward? Maybe Mrs Ward has raided Cal's wallet!
    Very funny

Post Thanks / Like

Don't normally listen to what Greg Denham has to say, but interesting comment he made his morning. The white knight would need to be better than James Brayshaw's at north, who didn't eventuate.

Post Thanks / Like

Question Re: $5million' Dog Fight

Quote Originally Posted by OldBulldog View Post
    Don't normally listen to what Greg Denham has to say, but interesting comment he made his morning. The white knight would need to be better than James Brayshaw's at north, who didn't eventuate.
    James Brayshaw has explained that his three white knights all hit trouble when the economy hit the wall .The economic conditions still are up in the air and if our white knight still has enough to wipe our debt he must be loaded.

Hope it's not just talk and it happens this could be just the turn in our fortune's thats takes us to our 2nd flag .

That day i have dreamed of for 35 years .

Post Thanks / Like

What is our current debt?
    Where will the surplus amount of this 5 million be spent?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    What is our current debt?
    Where will the surplus amount of this 5 million be spent?
    Debt was $5 million, but I believe the Bulldoze the debt campaign has eliminated about $1 million. If the balance could be tipped into equipment, then we can kick off the new year in a very strong position.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Debt was $5 million, but I believe the Bulldoze the debt campaign has eliminated about $1 million. If the balance could be tipped into equipment, then we can kick off the new year in a very strong position.
    We will never compete with the best unless we can pay our Assistants more.
    Furthermore, we need a list manager.
    Are we paying any players outside of the salary cap via the ASA (Additional Salary Allowance I believe it stands for). You can spend up to $500k outside the cap under this allowance. Its basically a 3rd party arrangement that is well within the rules.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    We will never compete with the best unless we can pay our Assistants more.
    Furthermore, we need a list manager.
    Are we paying any players outside of the salary cap via the ASA (Additional Salary Allowance I believe it stands for). You can spend up to $500k outside the cap under this allowance. Its basically a 3rd party arrangement that is well within the rules.
    We pay all that $500K for the A.S.A plus 100% of the salary cap .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BILLY THE KID View Post
    James Brayshaw has explained that his three white knights all hit trouble when the economy hit the wall .The economic conditions still are up in the air and if our white knight still has enough to wipe our debt he must be loaded.

Hope it's not just talk and it happens this could be just the turn in our fortune's thats takes us to our 2nd flag .

I agree, we don't need to have our hopes raised and then be let down. As Bulldogs members, we're sick of having our hearts broken.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, well said Billy boy.

Smorgon commented today that if someone wants to come and talk to him about what they can do for the club, he is happy to listen to them.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

We've also have two players on the Veterans list being counted only 50% into the cap. The ASA is expected to go up another 250k under the latest offer by the AFL to the players. With Ward going and our list having a heavy emphasis on old and young and with not a lot in between I think the club will seek to spend less on players' salaries over the next couple of years and shove some of that money into other areas of the football department.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Re: $5million' Dog Fight

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Imperial View Post
    We've also have two players on the Veterans list being counted only 50% into the cap. The ASA is expected to go up another 250k under the latest offer by the AFL to the players. With Ward going and our list having a heavy emphasis on old and young and with not a lot in between I think the club will seek to spend less on players' salaries over the next couple of years and shove some of that money into other areas of the football department.
    I think your right they might save cash unless they get some one that commands what we were willing to pay ward. But not just trading for trading sake.

Post Thanks / Like

How does the $500,000 work? West Coast has 50+ ASAs, how do they fit it in there? I can't imagine an ASA for $10,000 (on average) would be worth it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    The article says they want to wait till the new coach is appointed. Thats good, because they don't want to interfere with the operations of the club.
    No it's terrible because they are going to be coming into the club with ppl that they didn't appoint. Basically gives them an out if the new coach is no good (Hey we didn't sign him). Will lead to more de-stability.