Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: $5million' Dog Fight

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    No it's terrible because they are going to be coming into the club with ppl that they didn't appoint. Basically gives them an out if the new coach is no good (Hey we didn't sign him). Will lead to more de-stability.
    didn't Jimmy Stynes do that to Paul MaNamee?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    No it's terrible because they are going to be coming into the club with ppl that they didn't appoint. Basically gives them an out if the new coach is no good (Hey we didn't sign him). Will lead to more de-stability.
    Not sure about this,hard to question the credentials of Grant, Harley . They've put in a committee to select the coach. Surely that would be respected .

Post Thanks / Like

Nice coat Dimma...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    '$5million' Dog Fight

Michael Warner From: Herald Sun September 09, 2011

WESTERN Bulldogs agitator Paul Dimattina is preparing to unveil a "white knight" in his bid to unseat David Smorgon as president.

Dimattina has told backers he has secured a commitment of up to $5 million from a Melbourne businessman who barracks for the Dogs.

Smorgon has previously scoffed at suggestions a rival ticket could raise the money to wipe the Bulldogs' debt.

"If they come along with a bank cheque for $4 million, they will have my resignation immediately," Smorgon told the Herald Sun in June.

"I will gladly step down, as I'm sure every other board member would."

Dimattina, 36, has made it clear the money will only come if Smorgon steps aside.

The former Bulldogs star and restaurant owner, who did not return calls yesterday, is expected to make his move as soon as the club secures a new senior coach.

He will first seek a meeting with Smorgon - club president since 1996 - in the hope he will walk without a fight.

But the identity of Dimattina's supposed backers remains a mystery. It is also unclear who would assume the job of president.

Former Bulldogs champion Simon Beasley says he has no involvement in the ticket.

Ex-Bulldogs president Nick Columb has also ruled out an interest.

Dimattina told the Herald Sun in June: "We're not trying to cause a coup. We don't want bloodshed. This isn't a power trip or an ego trip. It is to benefit a football club.

"I just want to make sure that the club is in such a strong position that it is thriving and not hanging on by a tightrope.

"I am hoping my son (Kai) plays there in 10 or 11 years. He loves the club."

Smorgon declined to comment yesterday, but hit out at plotting forces before Saturday's clash with Fremantle at Etihad Stadium where he announced the appointment of former Myer chief financial officer Gary Kent as a new board member.

"There have been threats to this board for several months," Smorgon said. "But they had their chance to stand for the board late last year and didn't put up their hands.

"We have a process in place to ensure we get the right people representing the club."

--------------------------------------
    Have heard from a very reputable source that the bolded parts are not exactly true. I am not sure I want a bloke who has already given up on the club previously (Columb) anywhere near future decision makers and Beaser has obviously had some issues of his own.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mitcha View Post
    Have heard from a very reputable source that the bolded parts are not exactly true. I am not sure I want a bloke who has already given up on the club previously (Columb) anywhere near future decision makers and Beaser has obviously had some issues of his own.
    I have made my feelings clear about Columb before. He better stay away.

http://www.woof.net.au/forum/showthr...ghlight=columb
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

I heard that it was Roman Abramovic having tired of Chelsea he has decided to pump a whole lot of moola into the Bulldogs......he has a few things though that he wants to change:

1) We have to recruit Fernando Torres and play him at full forward regardless of whether he kicks goals or not;
    2) Every year after we win the GF he reserves the right to argue with the coach and sack them if they don't agree or if they drop Fernando Torres;
    3) The team colours need to change from Red White and Blue to just Blue;
    4) The team's name needs to change from Western Bulldogs to South Western Bulldogs
    4) He wants the club to relocate to SW London and play home games on a square ground that he owns called Stamford Bridge......

bold-dogg Guest

Smorgon has been a great president for this club, steering it through tough times off the field and plenty of success on the field, and continues to be passionate about the club and the job. Why should he step down without knowing where it's all going? The members would want to be sure too, before risking a president who has mostly been very good for the club. All cards on the table.

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a bit more!

Bulldogs rise above attacks
    The Age
    Caroline Wilson
    September 10, 2011

THE most generous interpretation of Paul Dimattina's behaviour this season is that he has been poorly advised, suffers from chronic indecision and lacks the courage of his convictions. A less indulgent assessment is he has damaged his old club, the Western Bulldogs, with snide innuendo in what has been a difficult year.

Dimattina threw his first punch in April. Now it is September and he has still failed to land one. His campaign, if you can call it that, has lacked bravery and clarity, and most of all credibility. He seems another in a long line of agitators who have haunted the club for decades and yet have failed to offer anything constructive.

Certainly he threatened to divide the Bulldogs by suggesting - through his various ''forces'' - that club director Susan Alberti should be president from next season with Dimattina to be part of a succession plan.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...#ixzz1XUYANjYk

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...909-1k232.html

Post Thanks / Like

Makes me laugh, the press bring up names then contradicts itself at the end by saying the names mentioned deny it all
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket Science View Post
    Kinda like this comment:

Jim of Chicago USA Posted at 3:59 AM September 09, 2011

Either put up or shut up, Dimma. Where were you last year when you had the chance to challenge Smorgo? If I win $5 million in Las Vegas during my visit in December, I'll challenge Smorgo myself! LOL

Comment 5 of 13
    47 year Doggie member

I'm home...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago1 View Post
    Kinda like this comment:

Jim of Chicago USA Posted at 3:59 AM September 09, 2011

Either put up or shut up, Dimma. Where were you last year when you had the chance to challenge Smorgo? If I win $5 million in Las Vegas during my visit in December, I'll challenge Smorgo myself! LOL

Comment 5 of 13
    I think you have more chance of winning the 5 million
    Apparently its only 4 million now so Dimma should have no problem.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Not sure about this,hard to question the credentials of Grant, Harley . They've put in a committee to select the coach. Surely that would be respected .
    the committee give their recommendations to the board who make the final decision.

Absolutely pointless to wait until after a coach has signed. Also means that the coach is uncertain of who his potential boss is and what is expected of him.

Post Thanks / Like

Come on Dimma put up FFs!
    The constant innuendo and sniping are hurting the football club you supposedly want to see your kids play for!!

Post Thanks / Like

I went to Dimattina's for lunch yesterday and asked a work colleague of his whether he was going to challenge Smorgo, he said he will shortly.

Post Thanks / Like

New Coach Appointed - Dimattina seems very quiet ????