Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finals Week 1

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Finals Week 1

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I would have thought that such a good win by the Swans might have been the focus in this thread.

Back to the thread, How good was McGlynn tonight?
    The Swans really do OK with their drafting of youngsters and trading for players from other sides. Impressive win
    You can add Kennedy, Richards, Mumford, Shaw & Matner (as trades in) to that too!

Thought Ryan O'Keefe was a huge factor as well as the run out of defence from Rhys Shaw.

Just on O'Keefe, along with Reid & Hanneberry; wish the father/son rule was just one game!
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    You can add Kennedy, Richards, Mumford, Shaw & Matner (as trades in) to that too!

Thought Ryan O'Keefe was a huge factor as well as the run out of defence from Rhys Shaw.

Just on O'Keefe, along with Reid & Hanneberry; wish the father/son rule was just one game!
    Spot on. I know a lot of people don't believe that trading players work but the Swans have a decent record at it all things considered.
    Really liked Rhys Shaws game tonight.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I also agree with the punishment is too big but you have to haver a cut off line somewhere and thats where it is, the bigger question is how dumb are footballers?
    Whats the excuse he couldnt see it??
    that's a s*** rule and ruins the game. Such an unfair penalty.

If they are THAT fussed about keeping players on that side of the line, they should have a drenching gate like one for sheep.
    Stupid yellow line, and all it means is your club has put staff under the pump to police it.
    Cannot stand the saints and was happy to see Swans bury them, but that rule is the worst
    in the game.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    Good win by Sydney, particularly after being challenged by the Saints in the third term.

Must say I'm getting sick of:

a) Eric Bana being shown on TV at every Saints game.

b) Razor Ray & some of his bewilderers!

c) Interchange infringements for what can only be deemed minor steps slightly to one side/across the yellow line (punishment doesn't fit the crime).
    Warne was there as well. Seriously, he looks creepy these days.

The thing you have to say about Swans is they have no hangers on. All of their 22 contributed something tonight.

Swans are underrated every season.
    Smith did a great job on Milne. He'll get Rioli next week, acid test.
    How cool were O'keefe, Mumford in front of goal?
    Longmire looks half asleep in the coaches box. Nothing much seems to bother him.
    Their backline was very good and Ryhs Shaw is a gun. For an old bloke he tears up the paddock.

Enjoyed that game very much. Reiwoldt cuts a very sad figure. Lenny Hays was the heart of that team. Once he was gone, downward they went.

Re Razor ray, noticed Walls was having a go at him for being a smart arse to players. Seriously, getting too big for his boots.
    Last edited by Ghost Dog; 11-09-2011 at 09:15 AM.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Who would have thought anything over 9 goals would be enough to beat StKilda

Interchange penalty is a joke, it in no way is an advantage to a team moving slightly over the line, so why should the other team recieve a scoring shot as a result?

(I know I'm toeing a fine line myself here off topic) on a very very very side note, the "Other" 1st round of the finals, Manly vs Cowboys had only 14k people in the crowd last night! Could you imagine an attendance like that at any AFL final???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    Back to the thread, How good was McGlynn tonight?
    The Swans really do OK with their drafting of youngsters and trading for players from other sides. Impressive win
    Almost everytime I watch them play I wish I was a Swans supporter. I realise that this is sacreligious, but I am sure many of you get what I am saying...they really do lead the competition in consistent, contest to contest effort for the past 10 years or so.

All they do is 'persist'!
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Almost everytime I watch them play I wish I was a Swans supporter. I realise that this is sacreligious, but I am sure many of you get what I am saying...
    I thought the exact same thing watching the game last night. Very impressive side, and although a few aging stars, are developing a good crop of younger players.

Probably the end of the road for St Kilda, will be interesting to see how they go next year.

Post Thanks / Like

What was St.kilda thinking trying to win a final with Dean Polo.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    What was St.kilda thinking trying to win a final with Dean Polo.
    Tagging Goodes with him!!!

Imagine what Goodes was thinking when Polo ran to him..........

Post Thanks / Like

How awkward with Ross Lyon paying tribute to the retiring Steven Baker, Michael Gardiner, Andrew McQualter and Robert Eddy... with Eddy taking to Twitter to state that he's not retiring!

Clearly communication is not working that well at Seaford!
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    How awkward with Ross Lyon paying tribute to the retiring Steven Baker, Michael Gardiner, Andrew McQualter and Robert Eddy... with Eddy taking to Twitter to state that he's not retiring!

Clearly communication is not working that well at Seaford!
    Baker has also said he is not retiring. It was Ross's way in saying you are delisted without actually telling them.

He learnt the trick from Roos and how Roos dealt with Hall.

Post Thanks / Like

Is their any chance Lyon might leave, said in his post match interview he felt it was the end of an era.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

We should be embarrassed that this rabble of an Essendon team could smash us twice this season. Also good news because Ratten will get another contract and this Carlton team could win a flag with a quality senior coach.

Must admit I have enjoyed seeing imposters like Alwyn Davey and Leroy Jetta exposed in the harsh glare of finals footy.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    We should be embarrassed that this rabble of an Essendon team could smash us twice this season. Also good news because Ratten will get another contract and this Carlton team could win a flag with a quality senior coach.

Must admit I have enjoyed seeing imposters like Alwyn Davey and Leroy Jetta exposed in the harsh glare of finals footy.
    When Essendon are bad, they're absolutely horrible. Hille has been given a bath by Warnock. Warnock!

Murphy is pure quality, isn't he?

Carlton have plenty of gaps in their structure. A forward line with Setanta and Waite as the key posts won't scare the top echelon (especially with Betts and Garlett prone to going missing), and Jamison and Henderson will have a difficult time of it next week against Kennedy, Lynch, NicNat and Cox rotating through there. The Blues midfield is a classy outfit though and will ensure they around the mark for the next few years.

I've liked the games of Duigan and Laidler. Very much in the mold of our very own Dale Morris.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I love the way when Essendon win cameras are all on sir James but when they lose its question time for Thompson.
    Bring back the biff