Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Finals Week 1

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Finals Week 1

I went to the game, Essendon were like a carbon copy of the Bulldogs in the 2008 qualifying final- timid, scared, and overwhelmed. Just pitiful.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I love the way when Essendon win cameras are all on sir James but when they lose its question time for Thompson.
    I just love watching Essendon lose.

Average losing margin in their last 2 finals appearances 79. I'll be using that fuel for a few that gave me shit about missing the finals this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
    I just love watching Essendon lose.

Average losing margin in their last 2 finals appearances 79. I'll be using that fuel for a few that gave me shit about missing the finals this year.
    Yeah, I also hate watching Carlton win. If I see a Carlton supporter high fiving one more time I will spew up.

I hope West Coast really spank them next week.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Yeah, I also hate watching Carlton win. If I see a Carlton supporter high fiving one more time I will spew up.

I hope West Coast really spank them next week.
    Dont worry you get redemption next week and if Hawks lose as well my finals hopes are complete.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Usually there's s great difference in the two final echelon , with the bottom 8 sides usually get exposed by the top 4. I thing the Eagles will beat Carlton next week, wonder why the dream team million dollar coaching panel put any work into Murphy?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    Carlton have plenty of gaps in their structure. A forward line with Setanta and Waite as the key posts won't scare the top echelon (especially with Betts and Garlett prone to going missing), and Jamison and Henderson will have a difficult time of it next week against Kennedy, Lynch, NicNat and Cox rotating through there. The Blues midfield is a classy outfit though and will ensure they around the mark for the next few years.
    As good a starting midfield group as there is going around. They have holes everywhere else but in September the teams that are strong in contested possessions are always a show. I expect Carlton to be perennial finalists for the next 2-3 seasons if Kreuzer can recapture his pre-knee reco form and Warnock can stand up in the ruck. If they had a Lyon or Malthouse at the helm I'd pencil them in for a flag while Judd is still at or near his best.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    When Essendon are bad, they're absolutely horrible. Hille has been given a bath by Warnock. Warnock!

Murphy is pure quality, isn't he?

Carlton have plenty of gaps in their structure. A forward line with Setanta and Waite as the key posts won't scare the top echelon (especially with Betts and Garlett prone to going missing), and Jamison and Henderson will have a difficult time of it next week against Kennedy, Lynch, NicNat and Cox rotating through there. The Blues midfield is a classy outfit though and will ensure they around the mark for the next few years.

I've liked the games of Duigan and Laidler. Very much in the mold of our very own Dale Morris.
    What do the Dons do with this bloke? he was pathetic today and saw him get outbodied by Gibbs in marking contest in that first quarter. He was noncompetitive today in a final. Surely they would move him on otherwise Bellchambers would be thinking I am too good to playing for Bendigo.