Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

The perfumed steamroller slams Dimmatina

Bulldogs rise above attacks
    Caroline Wilson
    September 10, 2011

THE most generous interpretation of Paul Dimattina's behaviour this season is that he has been poorly advised, suffers from chronic indecision and lacks the courage of his convictions. A less indulgent assessment is he has damaged his old club, the Western Bulldogs, with snide innuendo in what has been a difficult year.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...#ixzz1XUtqatYK

Oh no. You know your team's not traveling well when Caro starts delving into your club's politics.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The perfumed steamroller slams Dimmatina

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    Bulldogs rise above attacks
    Caroline Wilson
    September 10, 2011

THE most generous interpretation of Paul Dimattina's behaviour this season is that he has been poorly advised, suffers from chronic indecision and lacks the courage of his convictions. A less indulgent assessment is he has damaged his old club, the Western Bulldogs, with snide innuendo in what has been a difficult year.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...#ixzz1XUtqatYK

Oh no. You know your team's not traveling well when Caro starts delving into your club's politics.
    I thought the tone of the article was supportive and respectful of the current admin...didn't really mind it. To me it was a clear 'put up or shut up' message to the agitators and I wouldn't have thought there was too much to complain about?
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I thought the tone of the article was supportive and respectful of the current admin...didn't really mind it. To me it was a clear 'put up or shut up' message to the agitators and I wouldn't have thought there was too much to complain about?
    For sure. Be that as it may, would rather Wilson find someone else to write about. Like Richmond or Melbourne.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    For sure. Be that as it may, would rather Wilson find someone else to write about. Like Richmond or Melbourne.
    We should probably stop acting like them, then.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I think it is a great article and sums up my feelings better thn I can.

Post Thanks / Like

Funniest part is he hasnt put his name to anything but has leaked stuff, well Miss Wilson your admitting you, the reporters write articles on no proof?
    You have put his name to speculation in which you choose, but he has not admitted to anything.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Funniest part is he hasnt put his name to anything but has leaked stuff, well Miss Wilson your admitting you, the reporters write articles on no proof?
    You have put his name to speculation in which you choose, but he has not admitted to anything.
    Ledge, how come you have not written similar thoughts when the herald sun publish similar articles with the accusations but no proof? For example the article a few days ago?

She would have connections and I wouldnt be surprised if she has spoken to Alberti directly.

EDIT- you just commented on the other article! Sorry about that!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    Ledge, how come you have not written similar thoughts when the herald sun publish similar articles with the accusations but no proof? For example the article a few days ago?

She would have connections and I wouldnt be surprised if she has spoken to Alberti directly.

EDIT- you just commented on the other article! Sorry about that!
    Actually think I have said similar, pees me off how a few of them make stories up or go on some sort or rumour , name names then say the names denied it?
    I think its got worse since the internet and do believe a lot of reports are written from forums they read because they wont get off the chair and actually do some investigation.

Be surprised if anyone talks to Caro, she lost me the time she claimed things about the Tigers(her own team) that were totally wrong.
    Last edited by ledge; 10-09-2011 at 01:17 PM. Reason: added
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Actually think I have said similar, pees me off how a few of them make stories up or go on some sort or rumour , name names then say the names denied it?
    I think its got worse since the internet and do believe a lot of reports are written from forums they read because they wont get off the chair and actually do some investigation.
    I think they believe the forums are their investigation.

In fairness to Caro I think the article is fine and quite supportive of what Smorgon has achieved for the club.
    Last edited by Bulldog Joe; 10-09-2011 at 01:49 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Good article, well done Caro.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Joe View Post
    I think they believe the forums are their investigation.

In fairness to Caro I think the article is fine and quite supportive of what Smorgon has achieved for the club.
    This is so true. I recently proposed an idea to fix the AFL fixture on BF, and then a few days later Mike Sheahan ran a story about exactly the same thing, using my idea verbatim.

I have also noticed posters deliberately post untruths about players leaving clubs during trade time, and then they appear in the Melbourne tabloid and broadsheet the next day.

Back on topic, in regards to the mystery "white knight" that Paul Dimmatina has been spruiking, I'll believe it when I see it. People with a spare $5 million usually don't throw it away so friviously without getting something massive in return.
    Footscray member since 1980.

Post Thanks / Like

Decent 'story line' article from an unbiased spectator, bit subjective on Dimma though, makes a lot of innuendos without putting anything on the table and turns Dimma into a bit of an underworld figure. He deserves better, loves the club and wants what's best for it I believe. He may still come through with a bank roll and bail us out.

If she is purely going to put forward her 'opinion' the comment should stop at Richmond. Still, puts the ball back in Dimma's court. Whatcha got for the club Dimma?
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by comrade View Post
    We should probably stop acting like them, then.
    Lol - yep - good one comrade

Post Thanks / Like

Dimmatina seems to be an attention seeking fool who doesnt care less about the damage he is causing to our club.

If he was serious, he would have put up way back at the start of the year when he was blowing his mouth off about having a wealthy white knight to pay the debt.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Petergm View Post
    Dimmatina seems to be an attention seeking fool who doesnt care less about the damage he is causing to our club.

If he was serious, he would have put up way back at the start of the year when he was blowing his mouth off about having a wealthy white knight to pay the debt.
    Has he blown his mouth off or have people like Caro blown out a story in the papers?Every article I read goes on about Dimma then at the end says he either denies it or has been no comment.
    Bring back the biff