Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The perfumed steamroller slams Dimmatina

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    Lest I be accused of sounding like a broken record when talking about our head of football operations, but he has proven to be a complete failure in his key role of contract negotiator. Ward's management proactively asked for a contract extension in mid 2010 (when he was out injured) and what was offered to him was embarrassingly under par (no doubt in part due to us paying massive overs to hold onto Lake 6 months earlier) - is there any wonder that he chose to take the deal of a lifetime as a result? Similarly with Harbrow, there was little effort made to negotiate with his management, and an almost shrugged shoulders resignation that he would walk - well guess what, he did because there was bugger-all done to convince him to stay.

How do we all think the Boyd, Cross and Gia negotiations are going? Perhaps what has been offered was a pittance, and Ward saw a vision of himself 7 years from now being similarly shafted by his club? Didn't Melbourne recently shaft loyal servants like James McDonald? Guess what, Scully walks. Adelaide doesn't offer their senior players anything more than 12 months contract extensions? Goodbye Bock and Davis.

We have lost 2 starting 18 platers under 23 years of age, and both of them could have been retained had we had a savvy contract negotiator like a Scott Clayton still at the helm - no self-justifying soundbites from Garlick or Fantasia in the media will convince me otherwise. As a club we cannot shy away from this, and pointing the finger at the brown paper bags of GWS is a cop-out of the highest order as far as I'm concerned. Our club has performed appallingly in contract negotiations and it is high time we review this and fix the damn problem, because with free agency around the corner it is only going to become more critical to get this absoluitely right. I have no faith in the people charged with managing this area for our club, and it concerns me greatly that we will become a basket case in very quick time. The signs are ominous.
    Sad but true
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    We could have signed ward to a 3 year deal last year and according to Clayton if we had have been proactive with our dealings with Harbrow GC wouldn't have standed a chance, so what do you think?
    Why could we have signed Ward to a 3 year deal last year? Did he ask and we refused? His agent would have been stupid to sign him up a year before his deal ends when a new money bags team are coming in. Even if he wants to stay you still make him come out of contract in 2011 to get more money from the Dogs.

Harbrow well I don't believe Clayton to be honest. We got told for nearly a year that Harbrow was thinking about it to be closer to home / away from Melbourne. Suddenly it's because we were not proactive?

I don't think that our list managers and contract dealings are great but no one blames Geelong for Ablett leaving and no one will blame Collingwood and/or St Kilda when Pendles / Goddard leaves. Pendlebury has signed a 1 year contract (completely unheard of) and everyone says well done Pies on signing him up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Topdog View Post
    Why could we have signed Ward to a 3 year deal last year? Did he ask and we refused? His agent would have been stupid to sign him up a year before his deal ends when a new money bags team are coming in. Even if he wants to stay you still make him come out of contract in 2011 to get more money from the Dogs.

Harbrow well I don't believe Clayton to be honest. We got told for nearly a year that Harbrow was thinking about it to be closer to home / away from Melbourne. Suddenly it's because we were not proactive?

I don't think that our list managers and contract dealings are great but no one blames Geelong for Ablett leaving and no one will blame Collingwood and/or St Kilda when Pendles / Goddard leaves. Pendlebury has signed a 1 year contract (completely unheard of) and everyone says well done Pies on signing him up.
    His management asked for an extension.

Sedat sums it up perfectly.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BILLY THE KID View Post
    Gatto barracks for the pies he's part of Eddie's crew .
    That's odd Billy, I always thought he was part of the "Carlton Crew". :-)