Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Fevola - The definitive thread

Foreward: I have always rate Fev. I have seen him tear us, and other, apart on numerous occassions.

I watched the VFL game o n the weekend. he was lazy, he was a smart arse to someone in the crowd (so the ABC ameras showed), he didnt have an influence, and he looked at his disinterested best tht we've seen in recent years - this after the Thursday Footy Show "do anything" interview with Hutchy, but......

I dont think anyone will look at him.

We have a massive hole with a KPF with Hall retiring.

Jones is still realistically 2=3 years off being a dominate KPF - if he gets to that

SO - Fev. Rookie pick. Pay him base plus match payments etc (if plce comes up which every team gets at least one)

He could: Bring along the development of Jones/Roughead/Hill/Pano/Grant with his knowledge of positioning/bodywork/experience, and this is the big one as above.... many KPs jave been resigned his season - i cant think of any that will be on the market (that are established), the gap, as above, will be 2-3 seasons before it's "possibly" filled.

Could he run a onfield/off-field) like say Hahn did this season "on-field mentor"?

Is it worth it for lose change?

We turned around Hall - granted problems - could Fev finish on a high?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fevola - The definitive thread

MRM I have been accused of drinking when I post, come join me.
    31 years old, its the other side of him that well outweighs what he could bring to a footy club on the field.
    He could do a lot more damage off field at a club, just watching him yesterday is enough.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    MRM I have been accused of drinking when I post, come join me.
    31 years old, its the other side of him that well outweighs what he could bring to a footy club on the field.
    He could do a lot more damage off field at a club, just watching him yesterday is enough.
    Ledge. I was so disappointed in him yesterday (after the above reason alreadly posted). I guess i want to know - if not him - then who else is out there? I know of a bloke in the BFL (there was a article about him and others in the HS last week IIRC) but he's an unknown at AFL level.

We're going to struggle to kick goals. No two ways about it.
    Last edited by LostDoggy; 11-09-2011 at 08:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

I have no idea who is out there, hopefully a young kid in the SANFL or WAFL kicking bags and all the other AFL clubs are blind?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M.R.M View Post
    We're going to struggle to kick goals. No two ways about it.
    To be quite frank I don't see the situation improving with Fev on the Senior list, let alone as a Rookie that we have to rely on a long term injury to promote.

Like it or not, guys like Jones, Grant and Roughead simply have to learn the hard way to be key forwards.

There was a time where Fev had some semplance of work ethic drive that allowed him to take advantage of his plentiful talent. That time is long gone and it was evidenced yesterday. He relies too heavily on things going right to perform at his best, whereas Barry basically carried us for the last month or so.

I'd be staggeringly dissapointed if as a club we even thought about going down this path

Post Thanks / Like

Even if we were smack bang on the cusp of a premiership, I wouldn't touch him. Given the fact that we're in for a few years of rebuilding, he would add nothing to our long term aspirations.

Pass and allow our kids to develop with the responsibility.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

I watched the VFL game o n the weekend. he was lazy, he was a smart arse to someone in the crowd (so the ABC ameras showed), he didnt have an influence, and he looked at his disinterested best tht we've seen in recent years - this after the Thursday Footy Show "do anything" interview with Hutchy, but......
    Its classic Fev he says the right things, but his actions don't back it up. If he was really serious he would not be in the condition he is in.

I hope he gets his life back on track but I don't think he will be playing AFL footy in 2012.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I have no idea who is out there, hopefully a young kid in the SANFL or WAFL kicking bags and all the other AFL clubs are blind?
    Gunston or Lisle are the two I would be after and both would be affordable and available.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Gunston or Lisle are the two I would be after and both would be affordable and available.
    What do you think they'll go for (temptation-wise)?

Post Thanks / Like

Since this is the definitive Fevola thread, shouldn't it say somewhere that he has never been part of a successful side...Carlton made all kinds of concessions for his behaviour because of his 'talent', yet missed the 8 year after year after year.

Brisbane gave away Bradshaw - who basically won them a final AGAINST Carlton with his amazing last quarter - to get Fev and we all know how that ended.

And further to all that, without Hall in 2009 we scored 2378 points...since his arrival, we have scored 2174 and 2060 points. So who is to say that with Hall's departure we will score less goals? And even if we do, so what? Sydney and St Kilda scored less points than us and played finals, Richmond scored more and finished lower down the ladder.

It doesn't really matter how many points you score - as long it is as least 1 more than the opposition!
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Fev - no, no no.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Since this is the definitive Fevola thread, shouldn't it say somewhere that he has never been part of a successful side...Carlton made all kinds of concessions for his behaviour because of his 'talent', yet missed the 8 year after year after year.

Brisbane gave away Bradshaw - who basically won them a final AGAINST Carlton with his amazing last quarter - to get Fev and we all know how that ended.

And further to all that, without Hall in 2009 we scored 2378 points...since his arrival, we have scored 2174 and 2060 points. So who is to say that with Hall's departure we will score less goals? And even if we do, so what? Sydney and St Kilda scored less points than us and played finals, Richmond scored more and finished lower down the ladder.

It doesn't really matter how many points you score - as long it is as least 1 more than the opposition!
    Granted mjp, you can add that where you want, but no player has been part of a successful Bulldogs side since 1961.
    IMO you still need at least one kp forward. I think history has showed that - especially with us as that has generally been our downfall

Post Thanks / Like

Sheedy and the GWS Goons should recruit Fev for the publicity factor

He will liven up their road trips after being routinely pumped by 80+ points

Post Thanks / Like

Granted mjp, you can add that where you want, but no player has been part of a successful Bulldogs side since 1961.
    IMO you still need at least one kp forward. I think history has showed that - especially with us as that has generally been our downfall
    The difference is that today was Carlton's first finals win in ten years. In the time that Fev was on their list they won three wooden spoons. We've played in 6 finals series' and 3 prelims.

When it comes to key forwards I'd rather give Jones the responsibility than take such a massive risk with Fevola.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
    The difference is that today was Carlton's first finals win in ten years. In the time that Fev was on their list they won three wooden spoons. We've played in 6 finals series' and 3 prelims.

When it comes to key forwards I'd rather give Jones the responsibility than take such a massive risk with Fevola.
    Harder to kick 80 goals a year in a bottom side than a top one, you cant go basing one player on a whole teams performance.
    Facts are he had the abillity to be anything but his brain fades and ego finally took over from his talent and case closed.
    Bring back the biff