Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fevola - The definitive thread

Quote Originally Posted by M.R.M View Post
    Granted mjp, you can add that where you want, but no player has been part of a successful Bulldogs side since 1961.
    IMO you still need at least one kp forward. I think history has showed that - especially with us as that has generally been our downfall
    Huh? 2008 and 2009 we finished top 4 and played off for a spot in the GF. We added Hall in 2010 and that didn't make a lick of difference.

Adding Fev wont make a difference to our current predicament.

As I have said on countless occassions - after the 2008 finals it was all about our lack of key backs holding us back - and Williams became a more permanent part of the group. Then after the 2009 finals it was lack of key forwards. So we added Hall. Then after 2010, apparently we were pre-season flag favorites....but that didn't exactly work out for us.

One player wont change a single thing.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Panos? Lead, mark, goal. Same as Fev.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Since this is the definitive Fevola thread, shouldn't it say somewhere that he has never been part of a successful side...Carlton made all kinds of concessions for his behaviour because of his 'talent', yet missed the 8 year after year after year.
    I've gone on the record in other threads on Fev stating that he is incapable of being part of a successful team. He cannot function as part of a successful team.

Fev plays for Fev alone

Post Thanks / Like

A definitive NO!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M.R.M View Post
    Foreward: I have always rate Fev. I have seen him tear us, and other, apart on numerous occassions.

I watched the VFL game o n the weekend. he was lazy, he was a smart arse to someone in the crowd (so the ABC ameras showed), he didnt have an influence, and he looked at his disinterested best tht we've seen in recent years - this after the Thursday Footy Show "do anything" interview with Hutchy, but......

I dont think anyone will look at him.

We have a massive hole with a KPF with Hall retiring.

Jones is still realistically 2=3 years off being a dominate KPF - if he gets to that

SO - Fev. Rookie pick. Pay him base plus match payments etc (if plce comes up which every team gets at least one)

He could: Bring along the development of Jones/Roughead/Hill/Pano/Grant with his knowledge of positioning/bodywork/experience, and this is the big one as above.... many KPs jave been resigned his season - i cant think of any that will be on the market (that are established), the gap, as above, will be 2-3 seasons before it's "possibly" filled.

Could he run a onfield/off-field) like say Hahn did this season "on-field mentor"?

Is it worth it for lose change?

We turned around Hall - granted problems - could Fev finish on a high?
    No! I watched the game too. The bolded reasons show that Fev hasn't changed one iota.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Gunston or Lisle are the two I would be after and both would be affordable and available.
    Crows stripped Gunston of award
    http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/...-1226134143643

Seems a bit harsh.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Why would we get a player that would put us another 3 years behind the competition and where we need to be.

We will be shit next year (with or without Fev). With him though we will probably cost ourselves 3 positions in the draft and also hinder Jones and Grant's development.

Post Thanks / Like

I watched the VFL game o n the weekend. he was lazy, he was a smart arse to someone in the crowd (so the ABC ameras showed), he didnt have an influence, and he looked at his disinterested best tht we've seen in recent years - this after the Thursday Footy Show "do anything" interview with Hutchy, but......

Fevola. What an idiot.
    Just when there is a whiff of a resurrection in the air he puts on a performance like that.

Sounds like he just ended his career right there............... moron.

Post Thanks / Like

Brendan Fevola denies involvement in a drunken brawl in Hawthorn

BRENDAN Fevola has slammed reports he was involved in a drunken Mad Monday brawl where police were called.

Dramatic CCTV footage has allegedly captured the troubled former AFL star at an eastern suburbs hotel before he headed to a restaurant where police where called in to break up a fight.

But Fevola has publicly denied the explosive rumours.

"Story is not true,'' Fevola said. "Had a good night with the boys people are best to not make sh-- up.''

Link
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Man they are looking for any excuse people get drunk all the time and some tool probably said something to him and fev is already a tool so that's all it takes for a fight. Media has to get off his back and get over it.. I wouldn't mind seeing fev play some games for us to be honest see what he can do but he just wouldn't fit into the side character wise.. Then again we did turn Barry around

Post Thanks / Like

This weekend is just further confirmation no one will even look at him.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DragzLS1 View Post
    Man they are looking for any excuse people get drunk all the time and some tool probably said something to him and fev is already a tool so that's all it takes for a fight. Media has to get off his back and get over it.. I wouldn't mind seeing fev play some games for us to be honest see what he can do but he just wouldn't fit into the side character wise.. Then again we did turn Barry around
    Barry had no off field issues, big difference. Fev is a dick head of the highest order.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Is this definitive enough? He is an IDIOT!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately he thinks he is control of his addictions but he clearly isn't ...

Post Thanks / Like

You can't make strawberry jam out of pig s***

Fev will always be pig s***