Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Tom Scully signs with GWS

Mike Sheahan - Herald Sun - 12 September

TOM Scully will announce his intention to join Greater Western Sydney at a media conference in Sydney today.

The Melbourne midfielder is believed to have agreed to an offer for the next six years for an estimated $6 million.

Scully, 20, and his family flew to Sydney yesterday for the announcement.

Melbourne officials were to be advised of the move this morning.

The 2009 No.1 draft pick has been GWS's primary recruiting target for several months.

Article in full...
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tom Scully signs with GWS

Wow I am shocked. Absolutely shocked. Must have been a tough decision for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Another shock surprise

Honestly why do the clubs like Melbourne and the Dogs hang on to the very last second claiming they are still hopefull they will stay?

The only reason all those 8 players signed with us a couple of weeks back was because they all knew that Ward had taken the money from GWS and they were no longer in contention.

Why else would they all wait until then and then all sign up at the same time?

Would be interesting to know if Paul Connors is the manager of any of those guys as well, in particular Easton Wood?

Pity we didn't get our picks before Scully signed, now we'll definately not get 2x tier 1 picks.

Post Thanks / Like

Poor old Garry Lyon, the only person in the world who thought he was still undecided last week.

Puts losing a player of Wards calibre back into perspective. Imagine losing someone like Scully, it would rip your heart out.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Puts losing a player of Wards calibre back into perspective. Imagine losing someone like Scully, it would rip your heart out.
    Dunno about you Chef, but Ward going kinda ripped my heart out!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    Dunno about you Chef, but Ward going kinda ripped my heart out!
    I am not sure yet if Ward is going to be a star(according to Eade he will only be a B grade player at best, lacks footy smarts). Melbourne losing Scully would have been like us losing Griffen or Cooney after 2 seasons, now that would have ripped my heart out.

I was(and still am) more upset about losing Harbrow than Ward, Jarrod was my favourite player.
    The curse is dead.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I am not sure yet if Ward is going to be a star(according to Eade he will only be a B grade player at best, lacks footy smarts). Melbourne losing Scully would have been like us losing Griffen or Cooney after 2 seasons, now that would have ripped my heart out.I was(and still am) more upset about losing Harbrow than Ward, Jarrod was my favourite player.

Agree Chef. Feel for Melbourne especially the whole drawn out farce they have had to endure.

Post Thanks / Like

The denial in all of this is the most rediculous thing, Scully was quite open about the fact he was going to take the money, yet even as late as yesterday Melbourne were saying publicly they they were hopeful of keeping him. It's the same with Ward, he'd taken the money and told the club before the final game, yet you've got you've got a club official on game day still telling the public they hope he'll stay. It just makes the whole scenario look so artificially created.
    Western Bulldogs: We exist to win premierships

Post Thanks / Like

Melbourne are certain to get tier 1 with that contract - makes us more likely to get tier 2 for Ward
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

What a charade! What a Farce ! What a Joke!
    Mind you the same could be said for releasing a statement saying Players had "Retired " from Football ( errr sorry Stkilda).

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    What a charade! What a Farce ! What a Joke!
    Mind you the same could be said for releasing a statement saying Players had "Retired " from Football ( errr sorry Stkilda).
    Yep - when things get bad at the Bulldogs, it's comforting to think "thank god we aren't St Kilda"
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Yep - when things get bad at the Bulldogs, it's comforting to think "thank god we aren't St Kilda"

Or at Melbourne ("we play to win, and if we know we arent going to win, we tell the coach to tank")

Wonder how Scully's contract going to effect our compensation for Ward

I think now if we recieved a first round draft pick, and a late second round pick we can count ourselves as being fortunate

Dees will recieve an Ablett like compensation for Scully
    Last edited by BulldogBelle; 12-09-2011 at 04:13 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    How many members do they even have?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    Saw a very damming article on the insular Stkilda footy Club today.
    Rohan Connolly and various others bemoaning how the Saints are a closed shop, and basically do themselves and their members a complete disservice .