Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finals Week 2

Post Thanks / Like

Finals Week 2

Telecast just started & there are a million seagulls at the MCG! Annoying!
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Finals Week 2

Wow how one-sided are the umps tonight? I count about 4 goals to the Hawks directly from rubbish free kicks, Goodes got robbed of a beautiful mark right in front, and the holding the ball rule only seems to apply to one team.

In what was shaping up to be a low-scoring game, they have been way, way too influential.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    Wow how one-sided are the umps tonight? I count about 4 goals to the Hawks directly from rubbish free kicks, Goodes got robbed of a beautiful mark right in front, and the holding the ball rule only seems to apply to one team.

In what was shaping up to be a low-scoring game, they have been way, way too influential.
    Agree, some of the early decisions where particularly obvious and Goodes' mark was a no brainer. A few of the umpires will be having a spell next week.

Swans coming back well, within 25 points now.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    Telecast just started & there are a million seagulls at the MCG! Annoying!
    I'm watching with a mate and said the same thing. I knew you'd agree.
    Our 1954 premiership players are our heroes, and it has to be said that Charlie was their hero.

Post Thanks / Like

Wow 19 points.

I like Seagulls at sports contests in this country, it's very Australian and it always reminds me that we are a coastal hugging people.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Agree, some of the early decisions where particularly obvious and Goodes' mark was a no brainer. A few of the umpires will be having a spell next week.

Swans coming back well, within 25 points now.
    Don't worry the umps will pull a call out of their arse soon enough to make sure the Hawks sneak it -- Emperor Demetriou has surely decreed that the AFL needs to have Buddy in the prelims. #fixed

Post Thanks / Like

So now throwing is a legitimate disposal? I've lost count of how many times the Hawks have just thrown the ball when hit with a tackle. The game has turn to shit -- one team is trying to handball correctly and looking slow, the other is playing 'smart' football, which is basically cheating, and getting away with it. It's no different to chucking in cricket.

I'm just so over football.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lantern View Post
    So now throwing is a legitimate disposal? I've lost count of how many times the Hawks have just thrown the ball when hit with a tackle. The game has turn to shit -- one team is trying to handball correctly and looking slow, the other is playing 'smart' football, which is basically cheating, and getting away with it. It's no different to chucking in cricket.

I'm just so over football.
    I know, recent history has it that we are supposed to be the team beating Sydney in the 2nd semi-final.

Post Thanks / Like

The other thing is their regular cribbing of the mark -- the umps don't police it so they are always pushing opposition teams back from hard won field positions.

Let's not forget that this is a team that so regularly abuse the spirit of the game that the AFL had to bring in a RULE CHANGE to stop one of their stupid dog acts (walking the ball back across the goal line). Not to mention their open-secret three-striker running around out there.

They are talented enough to not have to resort to shit, but with dicks like Clarkson and Kennett in charge I suppose they like being assholes just for the fun of it.

Geez I hate these f***ers.

Post Thanks / Like

I didn't mind the game that much to be honest. Hawthorn were the better side and deserved to win, but in typical Sydney fashion the Swans mounted a few good come backs. Goodes getting hurt early really didn't help them, and O'Keefe wasn't very effective in the first half (maybe due to the role he was playing). Still just lack a couple more consistent stars, like most sides I guess.

Thankfully Hawthorn have no decent key defenders, and average rucks. Their midfield is very good, same with the forward line when fit. Puopolo put in another good performance too.

Post Thanks / Like

Big difference in standard to last weeks qualifying finals.
    How good is Josh Kennedy? Just heard a little whisper Hanneberry wants to return to Melb!
    Do seagulls ever sleep?Sydney never looked like it ( even though they had a good spell in the third) Hawks will get creamed next week, that backline can't stop Cloke and Dawes.
    Hopefully West Coast knock over Carlton tomorrow, as their moronic fan base is talking about their great record against Geelong!Think Ratten's falling for the three card trick heaping the pressure on the Eagles, tend to recall Voss doing this a few years back and Sydney did it last season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Big difference in standard to last weeks qualifying finals.
    How good is Josh Kennedy? Just heard a little whisper Hanneberry wants to return to Melb!
    Do seagulls ever sleep?Sydney never looked like it ( even though they had a good spell in the third) Hawks will get creamed next week, that backline can't stop Cloke and Dawes.
    Hopefully West Coast knock over Carlton tomorrow, as their moronic fan base is talking about their great record against Geelong!Think Ratten's falling for the three card trick heaping the pressure on the Eagles, tend to recall Voss doing this a few years back and Sydney did it last season.
    West Coast are such a different team at Subi, I hope they smash Carlton.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Is it true the Swans got a bad run with umps last night? They are normally the afl umps darlings. Even last week it was pro Swans.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    Is it true the Swans got a bad run with umps last night? They are normally the afl umps darlings. Even last week it was pro Swans.
    They get a good run at the SCG.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Sydney never looked like it ( even though they had a good spell in the third) Hawks will get creamed next week, that backline can't stop Cloke and Dawes.
    Every year we talk ourselves into the winners out of 5v8/6v7 beating the losers of 1v4/2v3...and every year this weekend of footy is a crushing letdown. Our win over Sydney last year - when we were truly running on fumes - is about as close a round 2 finals game as I can remember.

For the sake of my sanity though, I hope Carlton get over WCE to shut everyone up.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.