Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carltons 2011 season?

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    I rate Yarran the best half back in the business and one of the best players in the comp. His drive from the back half ignites the play and sets up so many midfield and forward thrusts. He is also not predictable so he is hard to contain and the Blues forward structure is perfect for him with so many targets to aim at. He's simply fantastic.
    Yarran does get a few kicked on him (Nicoski kicked 3 last night) but he creates so much drive out of defence. His next challenge is to learn how to defend one-on-one because teams will continue to try and isolate him deep in defensive 50 and stifle his rebound.

Carlton will be contenders for the next 2-3 seasons. Thankfully they haven't got a top echelon tactician as their coach becaue I would just about pencil them in for a flag otherwise.

Post Thanks / Like

Yarran isn't just a good kick, he is one of the smartest kicks I've seen. He chips, weights his passes, threads needles, hits a long bomb, his kicking is so versatile and he uses it perfectly. HBF are often compared to Quarterbacks but he reminds me of a tradition number 10 in soccer who knows where his teammates are going before they do and just sends them on their way.

Post Thanks / Like

The only little niggle I have with Yarran at the moment is he kicks to players solely so he can get it back rather than always taking the best option and is doing it more often.

Nit picking but I feel he is a little selfish in the Buckley mould.

Post Thanks / Like

I feel filthy even knowing this thread is on woof let alone contributing to it.
    Blues = smug, corrupt filth.

The Richard Pratt cup??? FFS.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post

yeah bra cup
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dancin' Douggy View Post

Is that for the biggest adultrer or collusion cup?

Post Thanks / Like

What about the team that beat them on the weekend. They've shown a few improvements this year.

Post Thanks / Like

I think people are being distracted by the Blues performance over the weekend.
    I'm more interested in how and why they have improved so much. They really look like a top class team now.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I think people are being distracted by the Blues performance over the weekend.
    I'm more interested in how and why they have improved so much. They really look like a top class team now.
    There's been significant improvement from guys like Robinson & Yarran. Scotland has become a better player than I thought he had any right to be, Murphy is truly elite and their midfield probably compares with Geelong of the past five years for quality depth. I think the additions of Duigan and Laidler have added toughness and structure and the improvement of Jamison to top line defender means their backline has become a strength where it was previously a weakness. Their key forward spots are still the biggest issue but realistically given Thornton showed something there, if they get Waite and Kreuzer fit, they have enough improvement to go top 4 next year and be a serious premiership contender.
    God that hurts to say...I hate Carlton so much.
    Park that car
    Drop that phone
    Sleep on the floor
    Dream about me

Post Thanks / Like

Carlton have indicated they need a big marking forward and are thinking of targeting Chris Dawes.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.