Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who will coach the Saints?

Quote Originally Posted by Mofra View Post
    How could you leave out Ken Judge?
    or Grant Thomas

Post Thanks / Like

I find Brad being involved a bit strange, he wasnt in a flag winning team and comes from a club that has struggled in every way during his career.
    Saints are very much the equivalent of us they might as well of grabbed someone else inside their own club.

Brads a great bloke but I dont know if he brings anything to the table on picking a coach.
    Then again he could be working undercover and trying to recommend the biggest dud
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I find Brad being involved a bit strange, he wasnt in a flag winning team and comes from a club that has struggled in every way during his career.
    Richard Hadlee won a flag in his 4th game - I'd take Brad's knowledge over Hadlee's, thanks*

* Brad may just be there to weed out any potential "Rhodes"
    Western Bulldogs: 2016 Premiers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    or Grant Thomas
    or Tim Watson

Post Thanks / Like

Played in 5 preliminary finals under what 5 coaches, played 350+ AFL games, was a highly respected captain and leader.

Why is winning a flag the be all and end all of knowing something about, or having something to offer when selecting a coach?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    Played in 5 preliminary finals under what 5 coaches, played 350+ AFL games, was a highly respected captain and leader.

Why is winning a flag the be all and end all of knowing something about, or having something to offer when selecting a coach?
    Not just the finals I mentioned club similarity too,where did I say be all and end all combine them all. Read my total post dont just pick out one sentence.

Nathan Burke is very much the same as Johnson and he has been chosen, 2 of the same.

I am happy he has that job but its certainly left field, seems right has been given up to left this year in many ways in the AFL coaching system.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Not just the finals I mentioned club similarity too,where did I say be all and end all combine them all. Read my total post dont just pick out one sentence.

Nathan Burke is very much the same as Johnson and he has been chosen, 2 of the same.

I am happy he has that job but its certainly left field, seems right has been given up to left this year in many ways in the AFL coaching system.
    You wrote that you weren't sure Johnson brought anything to the table when choosing a coach, which is a fair enough opinion to add. I didn't agree and as a result posted some reasons why he might.

You also wrote that:
    Quote Originally Posted by ledge
    I believe the bulldogs during Brads time were highly successful without tasting the ultimate success, but also had periods of immense struggles.

To me it seemed that a large part of what you were saying was that because Brad hadn't tasted the ultimate success then he didn't have much to offer, but i do acknowledge you mentioned the similarities between the two clubs recent performance.

If what you wanted to say was what you've said in your second post that Johnson and Burke appear to be from too similar backgrounds then thats a fine and reasonable opinion to express.

Post Thanks / Like

The rate him high and that's all that matters for them.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Saints sound out Eade for top job

Link
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Would love to see Eade get a coaching job.
    Would not be happy if he improved the Saint's.

Post Thanks / Like

Saints and Eade would be a great fit. Open our other eyes for one second, it would be a shame to have the players like Nick Dal Santo, Montagna, Goddard, Hayes etc and not have them under a run 'n' gun environment. This team has been choked down by the boring game plan that StKilda has blessed us with the passed few years. Granted it almost got them a flag, but we had to watch that dribble.

But then if we close that 'other' eye again, someone like Rohde would be perfect.

Post Thanks / Like

Eade for them or maybe even multhouse think about it he said he would coach until 2013 which is when Ross Lyon ran out of contract and multhouse used to coach there didn't he? But now that they need a coach he may just go.. Anyway who ever they get I hope we slap em in the next season at every meeting

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DragzLS1 View Post
    Eade for them or maybe even multhouse think about it he said he would coach until 2013 which is when Ross Lyon ran out of contract and multhouse used to coach there didn't he? But now that they need a coach he may just go.. Anyway who ever they get I hope we slap em in the next season at every meeting
    Malthouses playing career started at St Kilda, then Richmond, he started his coaching career with us, went to WC then Collingwood.
    Wouldnt be surprised to see him back at the Saints but I dont believe they have a lot of money to give so it would be a love job.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Royce Hart for mine

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Royce Hart for mine
    With Rhode as assistant
    Bring back the biff