Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Brendan McCartney has Brian Lake in his sights

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    Didn't he have one operation, go on holidays and come back for another? There was some medical reason he had to wait for the second op anyway.

That is my understanding.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    The only reason you would play Lake forward is out of sheer desperation. He is simply a natural defender and a good one at that. Providing Lake';s body is fit and well, he should return to his former self in a defence that badly lacks his class and brilliance. McCartney could just be the right tonic to get the best out of Brian Lake.
    This
    WesternOval'61

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Confirmed. This did not help him one bit to recover properly.
    I hope Sockeye version is correct otherwise I'd be very disappointed Brian. To have a player dictate to them when they will or will not do their recovery is bordering on the ridiculous and paints Brian in a very unprofessional light. Brian would deserve all the criticism that has come his way as he has let the club, players, supporters and himself down. I really hope Sockeye is correct in his version of events.

Post Thanks / Like

Confirmed. This did not help him one bit to recover properly.
    I call Bullshit. Get your facts straight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    I hope Sockeye version is correct otherwise I'd be very disappointed Brian. To have a player dictate to them when they will or will not do their recovery is bordering on the ridiculous and paints Brian in a very unprofessional light. Brian would deserve all the criticism that has come his way as he has let the club, players, supporters and himself down. I really hope Sockeye is correct in his version of events.
    Dont sweat Sockeye is correct , had one op went on hols , came back for second op, both couldnt be done at once, this put him right behind the 8ball.
    When he finally plays he still isnt right, media starts and it builds from there..

It did put a bit of distance between him and the copaching staff no doubt but if McCartney is one to do the things he says and has been reported to do, I have no doubt Brian isnt going anywhere and will enjoy his footy with us again.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    Didn't he have one operation, go on holidays and come back for another? There was some medical reason he had to wait for the second op anyway.
    This isn't quite correct either.

Had 2 surgeries came back to training after holidays and then had to have another one. Tried to keep the last one hidden as he thought it wasn't too serious, but if it was and needed treatment it would affect his holiday.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    I call Bullshit. Get your facts straight.
    Do you mind no need to respond in this manner

Had 2 surgeries came back to training after holidays and then had to have another one. Tried to keep the last one hidden as he thought it wasn't too serious, but if it was and needed treatment it would affect his holiday.
    So not totally wrong
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

So not totally wrong
    But far from correct.

You backed up a rumour that Brian in discussion with the club decided to put on hold off-season surgery which wasn't the case.

Post Thanks / Like

But far from correct.

You backed up a rumour that Brian in discussion with the club decided to put on hold off-season surgery which wasn't the case.
    Ok, got it wrong in the sequence and happy to admit it, but as I said don't respond the way you did. That sort of stuff is best left to other forums not WOOF.

Soon we will have other forum members responding the same way and then we end up deteriorating like many others.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, with a new coach (and possibly new assistants) the past is now the past and the focus should all be on either getting him right to play for the Dogs or getting the best possible trade for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Was down at Pound this morning & Brian & Manager Marty Pask arrived for meeting with coach, was there for about an hour or so. Not sure what to make of it all!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Well if that is correct then i'm disgusted in Brian. No wonder the coaches gave him a rough time. He compromised his own season for the sake of a holiday and in turn watches his team mates struggle without him. If i was a team mate or coach i would be filthy with him. He is our highest or 2nd highest player and making a call like that seems very selfish to me. That behaviour could just about be a deal breaker for me.

Really gutted with this story.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    Well if that is correct then i'm disgusted in Brian. No wonder the coaches gave him a rough time. He compromised his own season for the sake of a holiday and in turn watches his team mates struggle without him. If i was a team mate or coach i would be filthy with him. He is our highest or 2nd highest player and making a call like that seems very selfish to me. That behaviour could just about be a deal breaker for me.

Really gutted with this story.
    Brian didnt compromised his season or that of the team for a holiday,the injury wasnt to bad IF you had listened to any of Eades interviews he had said Lake tore the bicep muscle at training (pre season)training that is he had Knee op in Sept straight after the season then had his hip done and shoulder,went to training and tore the bicep muscle that was hanging by a thread.See how long you would recover from all that and then be told to play still injured.So people STOP and THINK what he went through,and then be told in the Media you are mentally weak.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, got it wrong in the sequence and happy to admit it, but as I said don't respond the way you did. That sort of stuff is best left to other forums not WOOF.

Soon we will have other forum members responding the same way and then we end up deteriorating like many others.
    Sorry I have to say although the response was not ideal, please do not confirm something that is not true.
    It's like another forum where they confirm every player being traded to us during trade period.
    Is it any wonder why that other forum has lost credibility.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desipura View Post
    Sorry I have to say although the response was not ideal, please do not confirm something that is not true.
    It's like another forum where they confirm every player being traded to us during trade period.
    Is it any wonder why that other forum has lost credibility.
    Well is this true or not

Tried to hide the last one?

Anfo27's boss said he came back from holiday and wanted to have the operations after that. Well, he had two ops pre his holiday, according to Mantis and tried to hide the third. So confirmed partially.

Either way, I feel Brian was not handled well by the MC. He may be mentally weak, but you don't ignore that either. You have to deal with it in the right way.