Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Which Club Do You Really Hate?

It was interesting reading the thread about being an Easter Western Bulldog & it became quite apparent that many Bulldogs supporters were in the minority growing up & many of you have been scarred for life with respect to some of the teasing from opposition team's supporters.

That got me thinking, which team do you hate & why? Was it a particular incident, something from your childhood or just a particular individual?

I found growing up that I didn't really like Collingwood at all, but in some ways I have mellowed a bit, even hoping they beat St.Kilda last year in the Grand Final.

Don't like the Saints at all, never really liked them. I don't want them to get to 2 flags before we do, don't like Robert Harvey being referred to as a dual Brownlow Medalist (he just happened to be lucky enough in one year to finish second), can't stand 'Saints Footy' & don't like the Tip Rat.

Having said that, the side that I most find objectionable in every way, shape & form is Carlton! Silvertails, think the world owes them, cheats, Ian Collins, Pratt (you could almost combine them when I say Ian Collins Pratt), John Elliott. There's nothing I like more than beating them & seeing their supporters carry on like pork chops!!
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which Club Do You Really Hate?

Let's see....

18 teams in AFL & I hate 17 of them, the 2 I hate most are: ST KILDA ( same reason as Coon Dog ) & GWS for their smug attitude to stealing players....

Post Thanks / Like

I am with you on Carlton and for all the reasons you mentioned,agree with the Saints and can also

add Hawthorn just because of Kennett

Post Thanks / Like

It's Carlton and Essendon for me. Carlton for all the things TCD listed above.

Essendon because they are Carlton plus they look at us like we're their *!*!*!*!*!*!*!*! step-brother and their fans tend to be amongst the most inanely stupid one-eyed idiots I've ever had the displeasure of crossing paths with. They are so dumb they make Peter Griffen look like Noam Chomsky, they are so one-eyed that I once overheard one saying that Kyle Reimers was a better footballer than Brad Johnson, I am often surprised when I go to Bombers games that these people successfully get dressed in the morning...

This is all in addition to the fact that both teams were the only one's (despite being wealthy and successful) who hung back and didn't help us in 89 and in fact tried to poach our players. They are the only things in this world that I actively hate and the only teams I wish pain, suffering and mediocrity on. Although GWS are getting there as they are basically Essendon crossed with Carlton and are smugly stealing the youth and future of struggling clubs.

Post Thanks / Like

Hated Adelaide for a LONG time. Stemming from the 97 prelim.

Don't like Port Adelaide. Arrogant players since their inception.

Post Thanks / Like

1. West Coast Eagles ... Hate the supporters (first and foremost) Chardonnay sippin' turn-coats. I hate that they have won three premierships in 25 years. I hate the way they dealt with the drug issue in their club (more than just Cousins). I hate their smugness. I also blame WCE for the break-up of the VFL ... I know it was more Ross Oakley, (Or even Willesee and Edlesten) but I like to blame WCE.

2. St. Kilda ... Their football. The way they also just swept their problems under the carpet "No culture issues here". The German Diver. The Tip Rat. Farren Ray playing in two consecutive grand finals.

3. Richmond ... Terry Wallace. Nathan Brown.

4. Adelaide Crows ... 1997 & 1998

5. Carlton ... Purchasing the 1995 premiership

I dislike all other clubs (Although I do have a soft spot for Dockers as my daughter, wife, and wife's family support them) but these are the five I can't stand
    WOOF Member 422

Post Thanks / Like

Essendon and Collingwood - i have a real problem with their fans and general aura. I have only ever known hate towards them - it will continue.

They are however closely followed by West Coast and Adelaide. Both manufactured clubs whose supporters are morons.

The one case i will always remember about Essendon supporters was how they reacted after that game in 2001 (?) when we broke their undefeated streak at Etihad when Granty kicked that goal in the last couple of minutes to win it for us. The way they reacted to that loss (they just couldnt take it) - was a real reflection of what kind of a club they are. It just made that experience so much more sweeter!

Post Thanks / Like

It has to be Essendon growing up in East Keilor at footy training the only one wearing a doggies jumper the rest wearing Bombers jumpers . Also the crows 1997 need i say more.

Post Thanks / Like

I have always lived in the North West suburbs and for the last 25 years worked in the South East suburbs.
    In that 25years I have generated a deep hatred for Hawthorn. Not so much Hawthorn the club, more Hawthorn the supporter. I have learnt over the years not to talk football with any of them, they are the most arrogant fans I have come accross.

So it really pains me to say this but GO PIES tonight

Post Thanks / Like

Carlton, Essendon, Saints and the rest as well.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

1. St Kilda - Scraggers has captured my thoughts in a nutshell about them

2. Collingwood - arrogant, arrogant, arrogant pigs of supporters (especially those that come out of the woodwork in the good times). Whenever we've beaten them, I will never say a word to a Collingwood supporter, but if they beat us, they are the first ones on the text message, at your desk on Monday morning, calling you singing the theme song down the phone. I cannot stand Collingwood and all their success at the moment is killing me.
    Wake me up when we get to heaven, let me sleep if we're going to hell

Good luck, for your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath

And we all found heaven - 2016 Premiers!

Post Thanks / Like

Collingwood and Richmond

Collingwood- First VFL Park match I went to was against the Magpies in 1976. I hitched a ride from Maribyrnong with a fellow teacher and her husband, Collingwood supporters. We beat them that day and my two hosts did not talk to me on the way home. I hated going to Vic Park. Their supporters seemed to be even more feral at their home matches. In May 1979 my parents were visiting me and on the way home from our win against South an almighty roar swept through Flinders Street Station where we were waiting for a train to Box Hill. It was feral Magpie fans running through the station. Scared the crap out of my poor parents. From that day on, whenever I mentioned Collingwood to them, they understood what idiots so many of them are. They remind me too much of arrogant Yankees fans who think the sun shines out of their... well, you know.

Richmond - Liars and cheats with bandwagon supporters. Libba. Matthew Campbell. Need I say more? Their 1980 Grand Final win didn't bother me since I was sitting with Collingwood members so it was a win-win situation whoever lost that day. However, their supporters only showing up when they are winning still seems to hold true today as it did back in the 80s. Anyone who heard my tips on 774 know that I relished any match the Tigers lost. I refused to tip them at all a few years ago.

I have to admit that I have a soft spot for West Coast. In 1989 when I was living in Perth(I hated living there) and became a WC member, I sat with some really friendly people every week at Subi and at the WACA. They gave me hell each week as I showed up wearing my red, white and blue scarf and barracked for all the Victorian teams against the Eagles. At the last home match they wished me well on my upcoming return to Melbourne. I even have a West Coast Eagles jumper that friends from Melbourne gave me.

I absolutely loved being at the MCG to see Collingwood lose 4 Grand Finals. However, being at the MCG on Grand Final day in 1990 was one of the worst experiences of my life. I am grateful that I was 10000 miles away from the MCG on Grand Final Take 2 day last year.
    47 year Doggie member

I'm home...

Post Thanks / Like

This thread needs more Richmond.
    BORDERLINE FLYING

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Doggy View Post
    In that 25years I have generated a deep hatred for Hawthorn. Not so much Hawthorn the club, more Hawthorn the supporter. I have learnt over the years not to talk football with any of them, they are the most arrogant fans I have come accross.

So it really pains me to say this but GO PIES tonight
    This about sums it up for me as well Doggy. Hawthorn the Club fine, Hawthorn the supporter on the other hand personifies a level of arrogance at the extreme end of the spectrum.

One just needs a whiff of your current day Dunstall and Brereton to appreciate the current stereotypical Hawthorn supporter.

Post Thanks / Like

Carlton and Essendon
    They are the only clubs that I hear supporters call the doggies "tin rattlers" or say that we'll go broke.....one idiot from Essendon was even slagging off at EJ Whitten when there was a tribute to him on the screen at the MCG when he was near death.... Essendon have too many Johnny come lately supporters with no clue about footy but plenty of smart ass comments..... Carlton cheats turned a blind eye to the character or lack thereof of Mr Elliott.... I hope the return to oblivion...

Adelaide and West Coast
    I dislike the concept of a team supported by a whole city....Adelaide really got up my nose in 1997 after THAT game...and the "Footscray Scum" attitude of a few supporters who were non to keen to repeat their comments when I approached them face to face and asked them to elaborate.

West Coast
    I have been there at least forty times on business.....you only have to talk to a few of them or listen to the media to dislike them...