Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Which Club Do You Really Hate?

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I don't have any really hatred for fellow battlers: Saints, North, Melbourne. If the St Kilda players would leave young girls alone I would feel better about that statement.
    Collingwood, Essendon, Carlton - very annoying just because of the sheer NUMBER of supporters.

I don't buy all of the 'supporters of club x' are feral/stupid/whatever. Pretty much every supporter base (except for the two new clubs in non-footy states) are the same cross-section...those clubs with more supporters just have more in each category.
    Get thee to a Collingwood game and compare. Large numbers of their odious supporter group have developed a habit of screaming "dewwwww, dewwwww" throughout the game. I think they are trying to sound like a swooping magpie? Very, very, strange groups of people in that supporter group that drive my hands to gently clench. The filth is an apt designation.

Post Thanks / Like

I wasn't fully aware of Carlton's salary cap rorting, and my experiences with them are mostly of them being rubbish, so I don't hate them as much as the others.

I hate individual players, which leads to me hating their club; Monfries & Essendon, Rioli & Hawthorn, Milne & St. Kilda, Harvey & North, etc.

Have a bit of a soft spot for Freo and Sydney (love the way they play), and Richmond/Port are too funny to hate.
    - I'm a visionary - Only here to confirm my biases -

Post Thanks / Like

Saint's by a mile.
    Then Melbourne.
    Then the rest.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Superdog View Post
    ...screaming "dewwwww, dewwwww" throughout the game. I think they are trying to sound like a swooping magpie?
    Can I counter with 'doggy, doggy, doggy, woof, woof woof'?
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    I don't buy all of the 'supporters of club x' are feral/stupid/whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdog View Post
    Get thee to a Collingwood game and compare.
    Superdog is right, It doesn't even finish at the games though. You come across Collingwood armchair fans who don't even know the game or go to the matches and even they are obnoxious and aggressive when talking AFL.

Post Thanks / Like

I hate Carlton.
    Pratt.
    Elliot.
    Collins.
    Judd/Visy.
    Salary cap cheats.
    And all their f&%#@ing success.

Post Thanks / Like

I have had issues with some St Kilda supporters in the past, have come across some real snobs and I can't stand people who look down on others. Years ago we played them at VFL Park. Daniel Southern did somehting and the lady behind me says "Well what do you expect from someone from THAT side of the river". I've lived my whole life in the Eastern suburbs but I will never forget that.

Oh, and then at last years NAB Cup final I got frowned at by two in front of us because I said 'piss'.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to go through phases, generally depending on who was at the bottom.

Now I just dislike everyone,

Having said that, being a South Australian by birth and always followed the SANFL as much as possible, I have a soft spot for the Crows. Although 97 & 98 did cut me very deeply.

Because I live in Geelong, I dont mind the local AFL team either. It is hard living in Geelong as anyone else that lives here knows that the local media doesnt think that anyone that lives locally supports any other teams in the AFL.

Those 2 are my only exceptions, but I am always happy for the Dogs to right royaly flog them both at any time !!!!

I find it easy to dislike ALL other clubs without much justification.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Suz 32 View Post
    I have had issues with some St Kilda supporters in the past, have come across some real snobs and I can't stand people who look down on others. Years ago we played them at VFL Park. Daniel Southern did somehting and the lady behind me says "Well what do you expect from someone from THAT side of the river". I've lived my whole life in the Eastern suburbs but I will never forget that.

Oh, and then at last years NAB Cup final I got frowned at by two in front of us because I said 'piss'.
    That's funny, I would have turned around and then said something else.
    That's just my blue collar upbringing coming out though.

Contrary to my earlier post I have since had a think about who I hate more than others and can say with some surety that;

1) I was barracking for Collingwood to beat St. Kilda in last year's Grand Final replay so I hate St. Kilda more than Collingwood.
    2) I am barracking for Geelong to beat Collingwood this week so I hate Collingwood more than Geelong.

Given the above my top 3 is;

1) St. Kilda
    2) Collingwood
    3) Geelong (I grew up there so it's personal)

Picking the next thirteen is like deciding which rock to piss on in an alleyway.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    That's funny, I would have turned around and then said something else.
    That's just my blue collar upbringing coming out though.

Contrary to my earlier post I have since had a think about who I hate more than others and can say with some surety that;

1) I was barracking for Collingwood to beat St. Kilda in last year's Grand Final replay so I hate St. Kilda more than Collingwood.
    2) I am barracking for Geelong to beat Collingwood this week so I hate Collingwood more than Geelong.

Given the above my top 3 is;

1) St. Kilda
    2) Collingwood
    3) Geelong (I grew up there so it's personal)

Picking the next thirteen is like deciding which rock to piss on in an alleyway.
    You left out vomit and spit on as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marcov View Post
    Hate...
    Adelaide Crows, Go Crows, Camry Crows, those colours, their fans, crows knitted blankets, the song, the Adelaide media, Graham Cornes, Ruscuitto. People painting their shops/chimneys/letterboxes in crows colours or naming their business crows something eg The Crows Deli, The Crows Proctology department.

I grew up hating Port in the SANFL but they have nothing on these crow boys. The Port fans know their footy.

I dont like the concessions, extras and magical trades that Collingwood get.

I have always hated Matthew Knights, always. No reason, I just do.
    I have two dozen spray cans of white enamel in my shed waiting for the day we win a Premiership when I will undertake a tour of Adelaide and environs and overpaint the yellow of the crows colours with my white on every lamp post, letterbox, tree, awning, dog, cat, shop or chimney I can find.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EJ Smith View Post
    I have two dozen spray cans of white enamel in my shed waiting for the day we win a Premiership when I will undertake a tour of Adelaide and environs and overpaint the yellow of the crows colours with my white on every lamp post, letterbox, tree, awning, dog, cat, shop or chimney I can find.
    Your wisdom and foresight is un-paralleled sir.

We should make a map and split the route for maximum efficiency. I will enlist the troops.