Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Preliminary Finals

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog37 View Post
    I have not seen Cats game but my main theme from the Hawks match is the you don't make grand finals with two North Melbourne trade offs holding key posts. Hale and Gibson tried hard but let the team down at the crunch.
    Simplistic. They lost by three points and it wasn't Gibson or Hale who cost them. Gibson was outstanding in fact.
    What should I tell her? She's going to ask.

Post Thanks / Like

No doubt it is simplistic but they lack class/size and had 8 clangers between them. Next year if the Hawks get Ruff and Gilham back fit and firing and Savage and Bruest step up they will be very good again.

Post Thanks / Like

No doubt it is simplistic but they lack class/size and had 8 clangers between them. Next year if the Hawks get Ruff and Gilham back fit and firing and Savage and Bruest step up they will be very good again.
    Bateman's two turnovers in the last quarter, one in the middle of the ground the other on the outer wing led to Collingwood's two last goals, one to Swan and one to Ball. It could be argued that he was the difference for all the wrong reasons.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 1eyedog View Post
    Bateman's two turnovers in the last quarter, one in the middle of the ground the other on the outer wing led to Collingwood's two last goals, one to Swan and one to Ball. It could be argued that he was the difference for all the wrong reasons.
    Looks cooked does young Chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mjp View Post
    Simplistic. They lost by three points and it wasn't Gibson or Hale who cost them. Gibson was outstanding in fact.
    Agree it's way too simplistic but I thought Gibson was poor

Post Thanks / Like

Looks cooked does young Chance.
    He has been cooked since the 2008 GF and he ain't all that young.