Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
Taking all that into account I would rather any of those options than our highest paid player spitting the dummy and developing a horrible culture internally. When you get that much money you are under the microscope from every angle including team mates so it could become even more fragile internally.

If his mind not 100% set on being a Western Bulldogs player then he's got to go IMO. He shouldn't need to be persuaded to stay he should want to be here after all he committed to the club for 4 years.
Coons is our highest paid player, Lake is getting roughly what we offered Ward. He is not a leader so I doubt his mental attitude will have as much effect on the club as that of say Boyd or Morris. If you take an optimistic view what if a little faith is all he needed after a year of people questioning his commitment?

Were you of the view that Sydney should have traded O'Keefe when he wanted out a couple of years ago? Callan Ward's mind was not 100% set on being a Bulldogs player this year nor was Harbrow's last year. How did you rate their years? Chris Grant in 96?

You don't trade champions, and you especially don't trade them for peanuts.

I can't believe I'm saying this but if you only look for a negative that's all you'll find.