Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: It's still a Dog's life for Lake

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    Fair enough.

According to McCartney he's a required player so I can't see him going anywhere.
    Every player on every list with any value at all is a required player. We all know that is a throw away line that every coach/list manager/president/assistant says about any player. I'm not saying Lake is going or not but I wouldn't take any notice of what coaches say about players being a required player.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Injury is fully to blame, if he hadnt had injuries all would have been good, he would have had a full pre season etc etc...
    Its what grew from having injuries and operations that caused the tension and created other issues.
    Obviously pressure built on player and coaches due to us starting to lose games and the season not panning out as planned.
    Media start to see this and stories are written, true or not.
    Snowballed, no injuries , no snowball thus it was due to Brians injuries.
    This is just a cop out Ledge.
    Was Lake crippled with injuries? Yes. Did Lake do everything within his power to get himself right this pre-season? Absolutely not. That is the issue here, nothing more nothing less. We all love Lake, we all think he is a superstar of the competition and we all would love to see him in bulldogs colours next year dominating like we all know he can but you can't just ignore the fact that Lake our 2nd highest paid player has treated the club, team mates & supporters like mugs because he wanted to have a holiday that wasn't ruined with rehab.
    I love Lake but this is unprofessional & unacceptable.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    This is just a cop out Ledge.
    Was Lake crippled with injuries? Yes. Did Lake do everything within his power to get himself right this pre-season? Absolutely not. That is the issue here, nothing more nothing less. We all love Lake, we all think he is a superstar of the competition and we all would love to see him in bulldogs colours next year dominating like we all know he can but you can't just ignore the fact that Lake our 2nd highest paid player has treated the club, team mates & supporters like mugs because he wanted to have a holiday that wasn't ruined with rehab.
    I love Lake but this is unprofessional & unacceptable.
    Well facts as i understand them have nothing to do with holiday, he had 2 ops before holiday and couldnt have third one straight away.
    Had it when he got back, holiday was not issue, the club tried to play him too early, basically whichever way you look at it he missed a pre season, he tried to play but the pain was too much, asked for a month off during season club said no, go play at Willy.
    Not a cop out, they were major operations.

Club took gamble in playing him it didnt come off, thus the injury caused it all not a holiday.
    He got frustrated, club got frustrated.
    Its funny how people now turn it to he went on holiday when he shouldnt have as the reason it all went bum up, its not the case.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Well facts as i understand them have nothing to do with holiday, he had 2 ops before holiday and couldnt have third one straight away.
    Had it when he got back, holiday was not issue, the club tried to play him too early, basically whichever way you look at it he missed a pre season, he tried to play but the pain was too much, asked for a month off during season club said no, go play at Willy.

Club took gamble in playing him it didnt come off, thus the injury caused it all not a holiday.
    Its funny how people now turn it to he went on holiday when he shouldnt have as the reason it all went bum up, its not the case.
    Mantis (i think) stated in another thread that Lake hid the injury he had the 3rd op for pre-holiday because he knew the op would really effect his time off. This is what I'm gutted about.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    Mantis (i think) stated in another thread that Lake hid the injury he had the 3rd op for pre-holiday because he knew the op would really effect his time off. This is what I'm gutted about.
    Well My understanding was he couldnt have 2 of the ops at once, either way what exact training can you do with a major operation on your hip and other ops?
    Personally in my opinion the club asked too much and maybe didnt realize the extent of it.
    It all backfired and so did the whole season overall.
    Actually its probably helped us in his situation having a new coach.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by theimmortalmike View Post

It has been widely reported that Ward was offered $450, 000 a year for 3-5 years (depending on reports). Lake is apparently on the same. Now if you have some inside info please share it with the rest of us. If not here are some of my sources...

http://www.theage.com.au/news/rfnews...701047967.html

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/w...830-1jk5s.html
    Lake is on much more than the figure 'the age' has reported, pretty sure it was reported at time of signing that he is on something like $2.2mil over 4 years... which was a reasonable contract when signed.

Post Thanks / Like

Well My understanding was he couldnt have 2 of the ops at once, either way what exact training can you do with a major operation on your hip and other ops?
    Personally in my opinion the club asked too much and maybe didnt realize the extent of it.
    It all backfired and so did the whole season overall.
    Actually its probably helped us in his situation having a new coach.
    Certainly agree with that. If rocket was still there I don't think Lake would be.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
    Lake is on much more than the figure 'the age' has reported, pretty sure it was reported at time of signing that he is on something like $2.2mil over 4 years... which was a reasonable contract when signed.
    The date of that article was when he signed (i.e., 2009)...so either your memory is wrong or that article is...Do you have any proof other than your memory (I know this sounds snarky but believe me I'm actually being sincere).

Post Thanks / Like

The date of that article was when he signed (i.e., 2009)...so either your memory is wrong or that article is...Do you have any proof other than your memory (I know this sounds snarky but believe me I'm actually being sincere).
    No proof other than my memory so you can believe whatever you want.

Post Thanks / Like

$1.8mil over 4yrs (bet he wishes he was on $2.2mil)

Post Thanks / Like

No proof other than my memory so you can believe whatever you want.
    Fair enough my memory also corroborates the story I linked to, so I'll continue to believe that. But I do respect your opinion and we are kind of splitting hairs anyway as 500,000 a year is pretty close to 450,000 a year.

Post Thanks / Like

Fair enough my memory also corroborates the story I linked to, so I'll continue to believe that. But I do respect your opinion and we are kind of splitting hairs anyway as 500,000 a year is pretty close to 450,000 a year.
    I did say $2.2mil over 4 which is $550k per year.

Post Thanks / Like

I did say $2.2mil over 4 which is $550k per year.
    I was going by your first post. Sorry.That is a fair difference though. Although it also further calls into question your figure in my mind.

Post Thanks / Like

Injury is fully to blame, if he hadnt had injuries all would have been good, he would have had a full pre season etc etc...
    Its what grew from having injuries and operations that caused the tension and created other issues.
    Obviously pressure built on player and coaches due to us starting to lose games and the season not panning out as planned.
    Media start to see this and stories are written, true or not.
    Snowballed, no injuries , no snowball thus it was due to Brians injuries.
    Pretty much agree, I would add that some of these operations can take a toll on an individuals confidence in their body for longer than anticipated. He certainly seemed 'ginger' on the occasions I saw him play. Let's see how he goes with a preseason. I certainly missed watching opposition forwards seemingly kick it to him repeatedly throughout each match. Some fun forays up forward to come as well. Brians an enigma.

Post Thanks / Like

OK, if it was just the injuries: tell me why has their been speculation that he wants to change clubs, and why was Lake waiting to see who the new coach was going to be and what he would want? Why has the coach stated that having discussions with Lake is a high priority? If its just injuries, then a chat with the medico's, a chat with Brian about his physical condition, all in-house and routine, and we move on.

Changing clubs and who the coach is/wants should not enter into his thoughts if its just the injuries. Its NOT just about his injuries.

IMO, he is mentally fragile, always has been, and he crumbled under Eade's verbal dressing-downs when as one of the highest paid and most senior at the club, for all the good things he's done some costly things on the field all too often.

Lake's issues are a as much mental as physical. The club can help with the physical side of it, the mental side is up to Brian. If he isn't 100% motivated to play WITH US, then cut him loose.