Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: It's still a Dog's life for Lake

Quote Originally Posted by Stefcep View Post
    Lake's issues are a as much mental as physical. The club can help with the physical side of it, the mental side is up to Brian. If he isn't 100% motivated to play WITH US, then cut him loose.
    The club can certainly help him with restoring his confidence and I'm sure the new coach is working on it.

Like any player though, if his heart isn't with us then it's best to seek out the best deal and move them on.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    The club can certainly help him with restoring his confidence and I'm sure the new coach is working on it.

Like any player though, if his heart isn't with us then it's best to seek out the best deal and move them on.
    i should have clarified that and I agree: if he is suffering the symptoms of some depressive state as a result of the injuries and treatments, then sure, the club can help. But my concern is thats not all there is to it if the guys is waiting on who the next coach is going to be, and what that coach will want from him, before he commits to playing for us.

I'm really disappointed with Lake actually. We've had one or two first class season in 10 from him, we've bent over paying a shed load of money and got nothing for it this season. Either come out and say you're a Bulldog, or move on.

Post Thanks / Like

Was talking to mate today and he told me a friend of his went to breakfast function with rocket as one of the speakers and rocket was asked a question about Lake and rocket said that Lake has some mental issues. Not exactly the type of stuff i would have like to hear from an ex coach.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    Was talking to mate today and he told me a friend of his went to breakfast function with rocket as one of the speakers and rocket was asked a question about Lake and rocket said that Lake has some mental issues. Not exactly the type of stuff i would have like to hear from an ex coach.
    Mental issues in the way Eade and him didnt agree on stuff or mental mental issues?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, but I stopped reading here.

Post Thanks / Like

This is not at all consistent with what I have heard from Eade. Even two weeks after his sacking he was still positive about Lake.

He has told us before that Lake used to do his head in by not following instructions but Eade otherwise always spoke highly of him.

A one stage there every club was peeling off when Lake had the ball knowing that Lake was prone to trying dinky little kicks and doing massive turnovers. Lake was under strict instructions that if that happened he was to take all the space they would give him then kick long.

Every time you saw Eade going ballistic either in the coaches box or at Lake on the ground you could just about bet it was after another 15m kick that led to an opposition goal.

Post Thanks / Like

He also said that Lake would refuse to do some drills at training. Now there are a few posters here that go to training so maybe they might be able to tell us if this is rubbish or not.

Post Thanks / Like

He also said that Lake would refuse to do some drills at training. Now there are a few posters here that go to training so maybe they might be able to tell us if this is rubbish or not.
    I go to training fairly regularly, and this is very unlikely. More to point these guys are professionals, you do as you're told or you get moved on. Simple.

The idea that players pick and choose what they will do (with occasional exceptions for age or injury), or that they only listen to people they believe have achieved more than them is frankly rediculous.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sockeye Salmon View Post
    This is not at all consistent with what I have heard from Eade. Even two weeks after his sacking he was still positive about Lake.

He has told us before that Lake used to do his head in by not following instructions but Eade otherwise always spoke highly of him.

A one stage there every club was peeling off when Lake had the ball knowing that Lake was prone to trying dinky little kicks and doing massive turnovers. Lake was under strict instructions that if that happened he was to take all the space they would give him then kick long.

Every time you saw Eade going ballistic either in the coaches box or at Lake on the ground you could just about bet it was after another 15m kick that led to an opposition goal.
    Really because apparently I've heard that all AFL footballers are professionals and do what they're told...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by theimmortalmike View Post
    Really because apparently I've heard that all AFL footballers are professionals and do what they're told...
    Or they end up playing somewhere else... Say Williamstown.

Post Thanks / Like

The feedback from McCartney after his initial meeting with Lake paints a totally different and positive opinion of Lake. I doubt if you will see any further negative outbursts from the likes of Monty and others in the Bulldogs camp in 2012. The maturity of the new coach will ensure this doesn't occur.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    The feedback from McCartney after his initial meeting with Lake paints a totally different and positive opinion of Lake. I doubt if you will see any further negative outbursts from the likes of Monty and others in the Bulldogs camp in 2012. The maturity of the new coach will ensure this doesn't occur.
    NGP sounds like you are really impressed so far with Macca, are you in the know somehow?
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    NGP sounds like you are really impressed so far with Macca, are you in the know somehow?
    I have been fortunate enough to have met BMcC and have been impressed.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nuggety Back Pocket View Post
    Things need to change down there so hopefully macca is the one to do that. He is saying all the right things and from what I have red he seems to more than just words.