Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Whatever happens today - Pies and Cats have been brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by chef View Post
    I wish Eddie was our president.
    Why? Do you think he would generate 10-20,000 more members and sponsorship dollars for us and ignite the west to our cause?

People pay what they want and Collingwood's brand is superior to ours, they have a much larger fan base, are more marketable and more successful, which is all cyclical but it feeds into the juggernaut. It's just not possible to use McGuire's reign at Collingwood as a analogy for what he 'might' do for us.

Smorgon has been fantastic for us and I doubt McGuire would have done much better under the circumstances. Eddie's an idiot, but I'll be objective in my assessment and admit that he is a good businessman with an eye for a profit and is at least equitable and passionate in his dealings.
    But then again, I'm an Internet poster and Bevo is a premiership coach so draw your own conclusions.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    If Collingwood didnt exist he could well have been, has a soft spot for us.
    we have our feral fans too, don't worry about that.
    IIRC, quite a few fans from other clubs dipped in and got North Melb memberships
    when they were on the skids, and I would not be surprised if others did the same for the bulldogs. Most collingwood fans or any other I meet are fine really. At game day, people get a bit feral, but that's what it's for.
    I actually find people in melb quite civilized when it comes to footy fan following. Have mates who support all kinds of clubs.
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    we have our feral fans too, don't worry about that.
    IIRC, quite a few fans from other clubs dipped in and got North Melb memberships
    when they were on the skids, and I would not be surprised if others did the same for the bulldogs. Most collingwood fans or any other I meet are fine really. At game day, people get a bit feral, but that's what it's for.
    I actually find people in melb quite civilized when it comes to footy fan following. Have mates who support all kinds of clubs.
    How is this post relevant to me saying he could have been our president?
    Bring back the biff