Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The 2011 GF

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The 2011 GF

The Cats have been a magnificent side over the last few seasons. Both their footy and administration departments are just spot on. Hopefully McCartney can guide us along the journey.
    Western Bulldogs Football Club "Where it's cool to drool"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    I think it was a disgrace that Mick Malthouse got a tribute ahead of the premiership winners, thought game was bigger than the individual?
    Eddie hands in the AFL again?
    40 years in the game, deserved a mention. Better at the start than half way through the Cats celebrations
    If you kicked five goals and Tom Boyd kicked five goals, Tom Boyd kicked more goals than you.

Formerly gogriff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gogriff View Post
    40 years in the game, deserved a mention. Better at the start than half way through the Cats celebrations
    Disagree, that should've been the Cats moment. If they wanted to do something, do it after the medal presentations.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gogriff View Post
    Do it in the papers, in the media but not on GF day at the GF.
    If thats the case and they dont want to be prejudice why didnt Lethal get a mention when he went out, Sheedy? plenty of others that have served the league that long that didnt get that kind of send off in their last season, dont even know if its his last season.
    Just because its Collingwood and Eddie is a figjam.
    Its Geelongs day Geelong won, Malthouse had his premierships now leave it for Geelong!
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Cats are a truly great team. Unbelievable record since 2007. A real dynasty.

Great day for football when the Pies get done in a GF. World football order has been returned to normal. Collingwood is losing GFs again.

Post Thanks / Like

How good is Jimmy Bartel? Never falters in the big moments. Takes big marks, brave as hell.

We should find a way to steal his DNA and clone him. Just a gun.

Post Thanks / Like

I just watched Meat Loaf's "performance" (and I use that term loosely!) on You Tube.

Wonder who/what he'll blame for that.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

With the greatest of respect to Chris Scott and Mark Thompson, this core group of Geelong players is very special. They have lost 20 games in 5 completed seasons - they have an insatiable appetite for the contest, week after week and year after year. What they have done this season, after having lost the best player in the competition, is remarkable. Today they smashed the Pies by +30 in contested possessions - I am in awe of their collective will to win the 50/50 contests. We need to look no further for inspiration and influence.

Post Thanks / Like

Well done Geelong, a great team effort beat the best team of two seasone. Football won tonight.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
    With the greatest of respect to Chris Scott and Mark Thompson, this core group of Geelong players is very special. They have lost 20 games in 5 completed seasons - they have an insatiable appetite for the contest, week after week and year after year. What they have done this season, after having lost the best player in the competition, is remarkable. Today they smashed the Pies by +30 in contested possessions - I am in awe of their collective will to win the 50/50 contests. We need to look no further for inspiration and influence.
    +1.

They put an exceptional side to the sword today... I hope we can play like that one day.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    I just watched Meat Loaf's "performance" (and I use that term loosely!) on You Tube.

Wonder who/what he'll blame for that.
    I've watched it also, OMG what crap. How much did that cost the AFL? They should ask for a refund, surely we could have got some home grown talent or at least an artist that can still perform. Bring on Sir Cliff.
    Don't piss off old people
    The older we get the less "LIFE IN PRISON" is a deterrent...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdog60 View Post
    I've watched it also, OMG what crap. How much did that cost the AFL? They should ask for a refund, surely we could have got some home grown talent or at least an artist that can still perform. Bring on Sir Cliff.
    I've heard anywhere from $300k - $800k

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    I've heard anywhere from $300k - $800k
    Andy D must be a closet fan. Australian game should Australian talent broadcast to the world. I doubt we would see Doc Neeson perform at the Super Bowl.

Post Thanks / Like

How was Tom Hawkins. Had he kicked straight, he would have been the norm smith medalist.
    I know Reid was injured and AA but a tad overrated. Very piss poor.
    Tarrant 3 losing GFs and Neon 4 non winning ones. Hehe

Who would you give the Mark Athorn medal (worst on ground) to? Blair? Fassolo(did get a touch)?

Btw that was the first full game of afl I watched all year that the bulldogs didn't play

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    How was Tom Hawkins. Had he kicked straight, he would have been the norm smith medalist.
    I know Reid was injured and AA but a tad overrated. Very piss poor.
    Tarrant 3 losing GFs and Neon 4 non winning ones. Hehe

Who would you give the Mark Athorn medal (worst on ground) to? Blair? Fassolo(did get a touch)?

Btw that was the first full game of afl I watched all year that the bulldogs didn't play
    Can we give it to Didak, he was well held and did very little all day. Reid dropped his bundle when Hawkins clunk a few.