Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The 2011 GF

Post Thanks / Like

Re: The 2011 GF

Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    Who would you give the Mark Athorn medal (worst on ground) to? Blair? Fassolo(did get a touch)?
    For experienced players, Didak and Maxwell were a whole world of useless, but Blair was a complete non-factor in conditions tailor-made for him.

Post Thanks / Like

Who would you give the Mark Athorn medal (worst on ground) to? Blair? Fassolo(did get a touch)?
    I'll cut Blair and Fasolo some slack, they've got the excuse of inexperience. Didak gets the Athorn, for mine.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Dawes was pretty useless
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Just how did the goal umpire miss the ball hitting the post from Wellingham's shot in the 3rd quarter?
    85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    Just how did the goal umpire miss the ball hitting the post from Wellingham's shot in the 3rd quarter?
    The goal umpire was Razor Chamberlain in disguise, he knocked out the original goalie at halftime because he just had to make some sort of mark on the game.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

That game was like the 01 GF with The Pies going into the game with a fitness cloud over to many players.
    I Heard Robert Shaw on SEN saying the Bombres went into that game with about 5 players with soft tissue injuries. Huge Mistake, but kudos to Geelong an amazing dominance 101 out of 116! Just incredible.
    My Athorn goes to Didak, he's had a Brian Lake ofa season.
    Runner up is Chris Dawes and third place Jarryd Blair .
    Unsung Hero award goes to Tom Lonergan,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ledge View Post
    Dawes was pretty useless
    Did Cloke touch the ball after quarter time?
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Unsung Hero award goes to Tom Lonergan,
    What a scar he has!

85, 92, 97, 98, 08, 09, 10... Break the curse!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Coon Dog View Post
    What a scar he has!

The hell is that from?
    You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships every day. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity. ― Epicurus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
    The hell is that from?
    Lonergan had a kidney removed after being inured in a match (vs Melbourne, IIRC) back in 2006. Was in terrible strife, lost massive amounts of blood during surgery, was placed in an induced coma too. Tough guy.
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

I absolutely loved watching Collingwood lose. It was shown live on ESPN2 starting at 11PM Friday here so I was set up with homemade sausage rolls, hot chips with tonnes of salt and vinegar and James Boag's Premium Lager for the event.

I received information that a very wordy Collingwood poster on BF claims to have flown in from New York for the PF and GF. However, that couldn't be the case. One just could not log into BF at the same time that the alleged flight was over the Pacific. Oops.

Yes, it's been a fantastic weekend so far!
    47 year Doggie member

I'm home...

Post Thanks / Like

Great game.

Hawkins played a ripper, besides missing a couple of gettable ones, Steve Johnson was fantastic especially given the uncertainty of his leg holding up. Bartel, Varcoe, Selwood, the list goes on. Also thought Mackie played a good role down back, Taylor very good.

Well done to the Cats, a remarkable effort.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Griffen#16 View Post
    Great game.

Hawkins played a ripper, besides missing a couple of gettable ones, Steve Johnson was fantastic especially given the uncertainty of his leg holding up. Bartel, Varcoe, Selwood, the list goes on. Also thought Mackie played a good role down back, Taylor very good.

Well done to the Cats, a remarkable effort.
    Not sure about that. Cloke demolished Taylor, and it was only when Lonergan switched onto him that Cloke was shut out. Taylor was good after he was taken off Cloke.

Cloke looked like he might single handedly beat Geelong, and Lonergan turned him into a non factor. Probably the best game he's ever played.

Post Thanks / Like

Geelong should have really won the last 5 flags. Thompson cost them last year and poor kicking in 08

Post Thanks / Like

Geelong should have really won the last 5 flags. Thompson cost them last year and poor kicking in 08
    They didnt even make the grand final last year so your being very speculative on that one.
    You me or anyone has no idea on how they would have performed last year if they made it.
    Bring back the biff