Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Eade to the Filth?

Can we change the title of this thread.

Good luck to Rocket, it was always going to be tough to get a head coaching role as everyone wants a new coach ie untried.
    FFC: Established 1883

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Great role for Rocket.
    Not sure as a rookie coach I'd like someone looking over my shoulder, will be fascinating if the Pies took a tumble next year.The GF result is probably good for Bucks, he would have been on a hiding to nothing next season.
    Still will be unless they win it.
    Cant believe they made him coach when he hasnt been anywhere else and has really only ever been under one coach.
    Collingwoods in for a reality check in my opinion.
    Bring back the biff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldog Revolution View Post
    Congrats to Rocket, hope its a positive move for him
    I hope he's a miserable failure!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Remi Moses View Post
    Great role for Rocket.
    Not sure as a rookie coach I'd like someone looking over my shoulder, will be fascinating if the Pies took a tumble next year.The GF result is probably good for Bucks, he would have been on a hiding to nothing next season.
    Is it though? Not knocking rocket but a lot of people have been questioning this new position and whether it has any relevance at all and with Mick not wanting it as it seems he felt the same way. Other than the financial benefit of the position I'm not sure why rocket would want this job.

Post Thanks / Like

I must say I am surprised Rocket took this position, I would have thought he'd want a main gig. Is it possible to wish him luck, and the team bad luck?
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    Can we change the title of this thread?.
    Why?
    [B][COLOR="#0000CD"]Our club was born in blood and boots, not in AFL focus groups.[/COLOR][/B]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    I must say I am surprised Rocket took this position, I would have thought he'd want a main gig. Is it possible to wish him luck, and the team bad luck?
    From what he Eade says he wants to be a senior coach.

With one job left being the St.Kilda one perhaps he thought due to early discussions he wouldn't be a realistic shot to get the main gig.

So second best option was to take the job at Collingwood, this way he gets to experience a very very well resourced club and also still gets to have a match day role.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by azabob View Post
    From what he Eade says he wants to be a senior coach.

With one job left being the St.Kilda one perhaps he thought due to early discussions he wouldn't be a realistic shot to get the main gig.

So second best option was to take the job at Collingwood, this way he gets to experience a very very well resourced club and also still gets to have a match day role.
    Is it a match day role though?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewP6 View Post
    Why?
    I know you hate Collingwood, butdo we need to have that sort of language on the site in a title.

Premierships: AFL 1954, 2016 VFA - 1898,99,1900, 1908, 1913, 1919-20, 1923-24, VFL: 2014, 2016 . Champions of Victoria 1924. AFLW - 2018.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anfo27 View Post
    Is it a match day role though?
    From what I have read it will be.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    I know you hate Collingwood, butdo we need to have that sort of language on the site in a title.
    Seriously? language? I don't think it's a big deal, but if the powers-that-be wish to change it, they can.