You have to laugh, Aker even has to have his say in the Irish Daily Mail - I do recall reading an article that O'Shea wrote and mentioned Aker in it...

O'Shea isn't AFL quality - Akermanis
Setanta Sports
Oct 11, 2010

Former Australian Rules star Jason Akermanis has lashed out at Mayo star Aidan O'Shea, labelling him "too fat" for professional sports.

Akermanis, a former winner of the Brownlow medal, was responding to comments O'Shea made in a local newspaper column after he returned home from a two-week trial with the Western Bulldogs to focus on inter-county football.

"I'll tell you what, he's got a bloody bad attitude," motormouth Akermanis is quoted as saying in the Irish Daily Mail.

"He was fat and overweight, which showed us that he didn't look after himself. He was soft in the mind too. He came out, he tried to do some training and had one good performance.

Akermanis went on: "I saw what he wrote about me and my club about how one day he beat a bunch of professionals.

"Well look, just because you're getting paid, doesn't mean you're an athlete.

"He showed us the reason he won't make it is because he's clearly not disciplined enough.

"Some of the Irish kids who come out here, their culture is different but then maybe it's in the mind too."

O'Shea isn't AFL quality - Akermanis