Quote Originally Posted by westdog54 View Post
I for one would have been bitterly disappointed if David Smorgon threatened to set up a tent embassy at GWS' home ground
That is not what I meant.

Our club is just pushed around by the AFL and we seem not to say a thing. Losing two young potential guns in two years just stinks. But its also other things like, allowing the AFL to negotiate our stadium deal, pushed around re the Darwin deal and then allowing other clubs to get in on the deal, allowing the Collingwoods, Essendons etc to grow bigger and bigger through more exposure, free to air TV, blockbusters etc and we just sit there and say nothing. (or so it seems). All that happens is the kids see them more on TV and then they follow them.

Eddie may have the might behind the Colligwood Football Club, but what I see is a passionate man that sticks up for his club. As I said earlier, even North speak up. They knocked back one of the most lucrative deals of all time to NOT go to the GOld Coast, but whether you agree or not, they stuck to their guns and are still in Melbourne.

Yes, we are getting $10 million plus as a pay off, but this is a short term solution as the bigger clubs are growing and make no mistake, they are growing because the AFL want them to grow and all at the expense of the smaller clubs who are currently there to make up the numbers.

We have a grown our memebership base from 12,000 in the 1950's to a piddling 30,000 members yet Melbourne's population has grown from 1 million to 4 million.

I want to see the club stick up for their rights as a club that has been in existence for over 120 years and make their voice heard.