Date: 15th July, 2012
Time: 3.15pm
Venue:Etihad Stadium

TV/ Radio Schedule -
TV - Ch. 7 Live / Fox Footy Live coverage starts at 3.00PM
Radio - 3AW and Triple M

Odds –
Western Bulldogs - $ 11.00 and Hawthorn - $ 1.05
(If we cause an upset, they’re great odds to get onto)

FORM:
Western Bulldogs: LLLWL
Hawthorn: WLWWW

Last time we met -

R23 – 27th August 2011 at the MCG
Hawthorn 16.17.133 defeated Western Bulldogs 10.7.67

Previous 5 games head to head -

• R23/2011 @ MCG – Hawthorn 16.17.113 def Western Bulldogs 10.7.67
• R10/2011 @ TD – Western Bulldogs 9.8.62 lost to Hawthorn 13.13.91
• R14/2010 @ MCG – Hawthorn 12.7.79 def Western Bulldogs 11.10.76
• R03/2010 @ TD – Western Bulldogs 14.16.100 def Hawthorn 12.12.84
• R14/2009 @ MCG – Western Bulldogs 19.19.133 def Hawthorn 6.9.45

**An interesting point to note – Matthew Boyd has amassed between 36-38 disposals in four of the past 5 meetings – he’s a great option for SC/DT sides.

Observations –

Western Bulldogs
Our form hasn’t been that pleasant to stomach in recent weeks – the last three games we’ve been losing by an average of 58 points. We’ve lost the last 5 of out 6 games, surely the tide has to turn sometime, let’s hope it’s this week.

Matthew Boyd will play his 200th game and whilst the ‘motivational factor card’ shouldn’t be the reason we win a game – this week I hope they can lift and win it for our Captain.

Hawthorn
The Hawks are starting to kick into another gear and a win against us this week will have them in the Top 4 by the end of Round 16. Buddy Franklin will probably not play this week due to injury but they will find other avenues to tick their score over.

Jarryd Roughead also celebrates a milestone game his 150th

Selection Table –

Western Bulldogs –
A few in the mix to come back in – Murphy, Cooney, Williams, Hargrave

Hawthorn -
Out - Buddy Franklin due to injury
Possible inclusions - Burgoyne and Sewell.

Match-ups –

Liam Picken/Cyril Rioli

Liam just manages to do his job each week, goes about his business and is relentless - this week his likely match-up will possibly be Cyril Rioli who is a little pocket rocket. If Liam shuts him down that’s one less Hawk player to worry about.

Will Minson/Jarryd Roughead

Should be an interesting duel in the ruck between these two although Roughead coming off a 6 goal game last week will spend time in the ruck and forward line.

Ryan Griffen/ Brad Sewell
With Sewell’s possible inclusion this week in the Hawks side, perhaps he’ll line up on Griffen. It should be a good contest.

Conclusion –
As much as I’d like to see the Dogs win this game, I don’t see how the Dogs are going to score their goals. It’s a developmental year for us and we have plenty of young players who need time to learn all facets of the game.

Verdict –
It pains me to write this but Hawthorn to win by 38 points. If Buddy played the margin would’ve been much higher.