Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
I've been to a lot of North / Bulldogs games over the years ( because after the Bulldogs, actually 'The Hub' North's community arm, are the best in the league at giving new arrivals tickets to experience AFL. Might I add that Geelong are out and out the worst).
I'm not an expert and never played AFL at any level beyond junior so I can't provide much insight. All I know is, Petrie is a lot more mobile than Boyd, Campbell or Redpath. North can get a run on, and in 2014 Cunnington kicked the last four goals of the match by himself. I'm not sure our backline is significantly better equipped to handle that sort of ball coming in. Yes, the glass is half full, but we don't have anyone to handle the gorrillas, as they say.

At the sharp end of the season you can't really expect to dominate the midfield all the time. That's why Hawks got Brian Lake, as I understand it. I love this team, I think we have a chance, it's fine to have a plan for Goldstien, as the coach says, but he is in AA form, and Jordan and Jack are not full time rucks. On paper, that goes to them.
I agree. By nullify/negate I mean break even, or stopping NM from dominance in this area. Our defence has repeatedly been undersized this year, but has stood up when we have stopped the ball from coming in too quickly. As long as Goldstein/Cunnington don't carve us at the clearances, I reckon our defence will do the job as a unit.