Quote Originally Posted by merantau View Post
The more I read about Travis Cloke the more upbeat I feel about him joining us - it just makes a lot of sense, especially with Big Jack out until very late in the season. If Tom Campbell continues to come on he and Roughie could share ruck duties allowing Tom Boyd to play forward. Travis has a pretty good tank and his tackling is excellent. Zaine Cordy, a crunching tackler, could slot in down back placing a lot of pressure on our defenders to get a spot in the line up as Marcus Adams will be back too. We have a lot of problems to nut out at selection.
I don't think we can play 2 ruckman if we have Boyd, Crameri, Cloke and Stringer up forward because one of those ruckman also need to be used up forward.

I think we need to accept that Tom Boyd is a forward who needs to spend a fair bit of time in the ruck and that we will go into almost all games with one ruckman.

Back to Cloke, he has plenty of motivation to push himself hard over the summer and despite his highly regarded status as a key forward with the Pies he will have to earn a spot up forward with us.