I have had some suspicions about our goal kicking and watching the players kick at goal in the warm up solidified them somewhat- I think our issues are actually more mental than physical.

In the warm up on Friday our players were nailing them from everywhere. I would hazard a guess that they went at at least 80% from varying distances, angles, etc.; as well as a combination of snaps, set shots, and on the run. Technically it all looked fluent and natural (and highly skilled). I almost had to rub my eyes to make sure I was watching the right team.

I really think the talk could be centred around the wrong aspect of goalkicking (the mechanics and needing more practice etc.) when it might be sports psychology that we need to turn to. Lindsay Thomas, Travis Cloke, and (more recently) Tim Membrey have shown us what can happen when good kicks of the ball lose confidence.

My sample is obviously very small though, it would be interesting to hear from someone that watches us warm up every week (and the shots at training).