Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
Bevo was very dirty that our game plan was leaked to Adelaide in 2015 because had we won that game we were right in contention that year as well as 2016 so I think he got it a bit wrong. We should have been contenders last year and this year as well. That would have been 4 years as genuine contenders which was how good our list was.
Bevo's comments were at the start of 2015 when he looked at a very young team on paper. Once we started winning in 2015, he was pretty happy with the team and thought we could go all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post

First Grant and now Murphy have essentially indicated we have fluked it in 2016.
I don't believe anyone at the club thinks we FLUKED it - if they do then they have the wrong attitude. I for one did not read that in Grant's or Bob's articles. We were one of the youngest teams to win a Grand Final, so in a way it was unexpected to a certain extent.

About 2016 people keep talking about an amazing 4 weeks in the finals - which it was, but never about the 7 games we lost. Of those 7 games we were only soundly beaten in one match (Geelong at Etihad). In the other 6 we were more than competitive losing several by around a goal but none more than 3 or 4.