Quote Originally Posted by soupaman View Post
My "squad" of contenders atm looks like this. Anyone not listed isn't in contention for round one atm.

Backs: Cordy, Naughton, Morris, JJ, Crozier, Suckling, Wood, Duryea
Backs/everywhere: Daniel, Richards
Mids: Hunter, Macrae, Liberatore, Williams,
Rucks: Trengrove, English, Boyd
Mid/Forwards: Bontempelli, Dunkley, Mclean, Gowers, Picken, Lloyd
Forwards: Wallis, Schache, Dickson

For the backs I think the locks are JJ, Suckling, Naughton and Crozier, and I guess Wood although his last two years don't fill me with confidence. I'd probably only pick one of Cordy or Morris, and at this stage Daniel gets the nod as the bonus rebounder.

Next is rucks/key forwards. We are picking three of English, Trengrove, Schache and Boyd, in that order imo.

Now you just pick the rest from the mids and forward group (Richards also as he fits anywhere). Just be conscious to include at least 2 players who are natural forwards. All the pure mids listed above get straight in, as do Bont, Dunkley, Mclean and Gowers (who will run through the middle but be primarily a forward). That leaves three of Lloyd, Dickson, Picken and Wallis to make it, all aside from Dickson capable of rotating through the middle but all best as primary forwards. I personally would cut Wallis of that lot, although Dickson is the next in line for the chop. This is assuming we get a decent Picken back, whichi doubt. I also suspect the injury history of Picken and Dickson means Wallis won't miss a game.

E. Wood..........Z. Cordy.........H. Crozier
J. Johannisen...A. Naughton...M. Suckling
L. Hunter.........J. Macrae.......B. Williams
T. Mclean.........J. Schache.....S. Lloyd
B. Gowers.......J. Trengrove...T. Dickson
T. English........J. Dunkley.......M. Bontempelli

E. Richards....T. Liberatore....C. Daniel....L. Picken

Best of the rest:
D. Morris, T. Duryea, T. Boyd, M. Wallis

Reserves:
Backs: Young, Roberts, Smith, Duryea, Morris,
Mids: Porter,
Mid/Forwards: Webb, Lipinski, Jong
Forwards: Wallis, Honeychurch, Greene, Dale, Lynch
Rucks: Campbell, Boyd

Good cover for defence in pretty much all roles. If we lose rebounders we can swing Richards or Williams back there.
Still very light on for pure mids in reserve, but have a lot of forward/mid types in seniors and reserves to cover this somewhat.
Have a few small forwards in reserves but no pacy x factor types and only Wallis who has shown sustained form at AFL level and i am sceptical of that.
Have some ruck depth and with Boyd a key forward in reserve.

I would be looking at getting another key forward on the list, a pacy x factor type forward and some mids.
Morris is a lot better player than Suckling who is hardly a lock in IMO. Crozier is better suited at half back where he was excellent last year. JJ Wood Crozier appears to be our best half back line with Naughton playing alongside Cordy in the last line of defence. We are also thin on in the ruck division without Roughead leaving a lot of pressure on Tim English as our sole number one ruck man where Boyd has struggled to impress in the past two seasons.