Quote Originally Posted by marcov View Post
I think the point of the article is the complacency of club officials to not address issues we all are aware of through coaching, strategy and drafting.
Bevo is the type that is not afraid to try things and make mistakes. He did that to win a flag, so he ain’t gonna Change. We are all peeved because last week he tried too much in one game and hence not giving the team the best chance to win. (I did find it interesting on the video of Young and Hayes being told they were making their debut that Bevo said everything they are presently trying is to make sure that when they make finals again they will win them)!

Given all the players that have been signed-up on long-term Contracts, he has not lost the players.

The club under Gordon appears to back coaches over the long-term, believing instability to have harmed this club for too long They are right but remember, it was Cyclops leaving the Bullies for GWS that eventually bought McCartney’s downfall, so they have to be prepared to pull the trigger when that comes. With that being said, I too have been thinking that the Assistants are getting a bit too comfy at the Club. No need for wholesale changes but one or two new ones would be worthwhile: one experienced coach and a rookie.