Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Dog View Post
Sound down, laughing at my elderly dad commentate and make highly questionable calls ( Holding...the...BALL! ) is best.
He's not even that much into footy, but when it's on he gets really fired up. It's hilarious.

In other news, Great Western defeated Ararat North last week. The final score was 79.41 (515) to 1.0 (6).
So @MJP when you think things are pretty bad at Whitten Oval, things are never as bad as they are for Ararat Eagles fans.
A couple of Tiwi Islander blokes kicked 45 goals between them....
Ararat only had 15 blokes on the ground but they had to play for comp reasons.

My Dad has a point in that in days gone by you could have the game on the TV, and just by listening, understand what was going on. No hope now and even when two people have the same last surnames they don't bother helping anyone listening to figure out who is who. They don't even regularly call out the score.
I'm struggling to get my head around 79 goals in a game. 30 in the last quarter.

I played in a game once where we beat the opposition by 240 points - and it felt like we were kicking goals constantly - whereas these doubled that! 79 goals in 80 minutes of game time!