I flew home last night and worked today - please excuse me not reading the match day thread.

What I am curious about is why we were so predicatable with the ball. We continually kicked Long to a contest down the ‘shady side’ wing (sorry - my sense of direction was senseless but the other side of the ground to where I was sitting) even when it clearly wasn’t working. Since when have we done that?

A little bit of Caleb Daniel “maybe i’ll Just kick it to another player wearing the same colour shirt as me” composure would have gone a long way.

Now, someone is going to tell me ‘that was the plan’. And that’s fine. But we regularly had players split wide to the fat side providing an option...so inform it was the plan it clearly wasn’t the ‘whole’ plan. My take is that we were getting beat so too often the ball carrier would just play it safe rather than risk a turnover....to which I would ask “exactly HOW is that working out”.

The Giants were too committed (and clean below their knees) for us yesterday. I was just disappointed that we didn’t try to spread the field, run and bounce, challenge them to not just ‘play’ on us but genuinely RUN with us...