Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
But is wasn't just hair pulling, he slams his head into the ground whilst holding his hair. What a weak coward he is when he is on top and doing that. There was eye gouging alright, but AFL want their love child to win games.
I don't disagree, personally I found the footage full on. It was weak, dirty and completely beyond what is acceptable.

As for the bolded, I am unconvinced he did manage to gouge. He may have been trying to, and he had no business doing what he did and should really be at the mercy of the tribunal, but without any conclusive eveidence he gouged then it is just the charges i specified and that amounts to a big fine.

Not convinced by the conspiracy theory either, or at least not that reason. I'd imagine if Bont did the same to Greene then the AFL would be just as keen for them to get off because "stars".

To reiterate, I am firmly in the "give Greene the chair" camp, but can see this very easily being a fizzer, and without evidence of gouging he has technically just done some bad stuff that won't see him miss a game, just extremely roughly.