Quote Originally Posted by AshMac View Post
How do you remedy what the player wants?

I’m not a fan of player dictating terms at all, but a bloke on the list that doesn’t want to be there - particularly in a juicy contract - is doing more harm than good.
I don't understand what Martin 'wants' has to do with this. He is NOT a Free Agent. The players have mechanisms through which they can achieve autonomy with regards the club that they play at...it's called FREE AGENCY. They fought long and hard for that through the CBA.

Until they become Free Agents, the players 'belong' to the club who contracted them. If he wants to go to Carlton, then he (and by extension, his manager) should have been very clear in telling Carlton what GC required as trade collateral. It is my understand that they were. Carlton have ignored that and effectively refused to negotiate with GC on a fair exchange - instead using their low standing on the ladder and the 'hammer' that is "Gold Coast wont redraft you - don't worry about it kid" to continue to promise to get the deal over the line.

This is BS behaviour. If there was a "Club's Association" then they would be up in arms...as it turns out, there is (it's called the AFL Commission) but I'm not sure they're all that interested these days...