Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
Marshall and Ryder are a formidable ruck division with quite diverse skill sets. English has, thus far, proven on numerous occasions that he simply cannot handle quality ruckmen. Unless English can improve remarkably from his previous 2 sub-par and frankly unacceptable performances in the seniors, we will be under significant pressure in both D50 and in the midfield battle.

This is a massive game for Tim English and his career as an AFL quality ruckman. I hope he reverses history and passes the test.
Ever the (occasional?) optimist, I will point you in the direction of Adelaide's Reilly O'Brien.

Adelaide have been particularly terrible at getting games into youngsters in the last forever, then inexplicably they start playing this guy ahead of Jacobs last year. He was awful. Then he wasn't. Now he is mostly quite good, certainly beyond the capabilities one would think he would perform at. In fact, I think he was about their only positive last night.

English has 100 times the natural ability of O'Brien. I think we all think English will be very good eventually, but if we can persist in getting games into him hopefully it will happen in the shorter term.

A dominant ruckman? Imagine that.