Thanks Thanks:  213
Likes Likes:  888

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Re: List Management for 2020/21

Quote Originally Posted by GVGjr View Post
    I don't think it's linked like that
    Bevo flagged that he had no intention of dropping Bruce and even lowered the bar for him saying (which in fairness he had to) that given the conditions Bruce was bringing the ball to the ground. Not a terrific skill in my opinion. Well conditions were pretty good at Adelaide and he grabbed 4 marks and 11 possessions in a game we dominated in the first half

We can use the above logic for every player selected by the MC and have zero discussion around team selection or the form of the players if you like but playing out of form players week after week should be questioned on a discussion forum
    Not sure that's fair Gary. I don't have an issue with debating whether or not Bruce should be in or out. On a couple of occasions myself I've said Bruce surely can't continue to be selected.

All I'm trying to say here is that given how poor Bruce has been, Schache must be going even worse, to not even get a look in by the match committee.
    I do think Schache has attributes that are good, and I want him to make it, and clearly the club do too, otherwise they wouldn't have extended him.
    I would love to know just why it is he has seemingly gone to the back of the queue for a game but I suspect the club isn't about to reveal that.
    The only thing I can think of is that the things that Bruce is still doing, eg pressure, intensity, hitting packs, are things the MC highly value and that they must not be seeing that from Schache in training, or scratch matches, since he was dropped after his dismal Carlton performance.
    Last edited by GVGjr; 19-09-2020 at 06:23 PM. Reason: fixed quote

2. Likes bornadog liked this post