Quote Originally Posted by The bulldog tragician View Post
I have a heavy heart at the idea of any of the reasons he would wish to leave.

If a guy like him can be an out-and-out mercenary. then much of the rationale for us sticking fat in tough times, loyally supporting our team no matter what, is empty.

If it's also because we are unable to sell him a vision of a successful club that is close to premiership contention, this is deeply troubling, especially given the recent history of the club he may be choosing.

If disillusionment with Bevo's coaching strategies and the peculiar ruck setup is part of it, I find it unlikely that this would be something that isn't a regular topic of disaffection, dissent and grumbling among that group with which Dunkley is tight ie the solid core of 'good blokes', Wally, Crozier and his best mate Bont. That sort of chatter can so easily become poisonous within a group.

None of these reasons inspire a sense of optimism about this whole wretched scenario.
I wholeheartedly agree. I know it's not the same level, but how close is this situation to the Ryan Griffen saga in terms of effect on the club and players? This is a leader and supposedly standup guy we're talking about. Even Dustin Martin, who does not have this reputation and could have been viewed as someone to chase the coin, knocked back millions to stay with the Tigers.