Quote Originally Posted by Vred View Post
To sum it up, Bont is an “ostrich” as he has his head in the sand and ignoring culture issues, Dunks was very unhappy with JJ and Bruce’s training ethic, and Andrew Dunkley hates Bevo.

about it really.
I thought it was mentioned somewhere that Dunkley had been upset with culture/training standards since 2017. Does he believe Bruce inherited this in coming to us? It’s also extremely laughable that he would think Essendon don’t have these problems let alone set gold standards. They’d be worse. He’d know what Stringer is like.

So much BS floating around this. Maybe even from the Dunkleys themselves. I’m not going to sit here and deny we have any issues. Our performances would indicate there are some standards not being met. However it wouldn’t be cause to jump ship and thinking no other club has these problems. He wants money. Leaders don’t bail because of such issues.

Also, I know it flies in the face of trying to keep him, but Dunkley should be demoted from the leadership group. How could the playing group continue to follow the example set by someone who wanted to bail? He can set an example on the training track but otherwise he shouldn’t be there in all honesty.