Quote Originally Posted by Ozza View Post
Well....we we 6-0 with them IN the side.

I'm really over the need to qualify every performance as a team and for the individuals. All the reasons why our wins weren't that good, and how Bruce's goals don't count against North or in last quarters, or late in quarters or whatever. I'm sure if we were playing Richmond this week and won - it doesn't count, because they aren't good anymore. West Coast in West Coast after quarantining for a week doesn't count because they aren't good anymore....but it did count before the game because they'd just got all their players back. But it doesn't count now. Port in Port did count at the time, but it doesn't anymore because they lost to Melbourne.

Every game is hard to win in this competition. To win 12 out of 16 is really good. Injuries happen to every side, but eventually an injury list like ours takes a toll in the form of a down game - and we hit that wall this week against a side that is going really well (remember the Swans beat West Coast by 100 last week......oh wait - that doesn't count because West Coast are not good anymore and it isn't a leap year and that game was at Geelong on a Sunday).

We are absolutely desperate as a supporter group to sh1t on the team. I hear it at the games, I see it on here - and it drives me nuts.

The team absolutely show up and have a dip every week. They are a young team, but they are winning 75% of the time, are getting back 3 A Graders soon and are a chance to win the flag. How many years in our lifetimes have we been one of the teams that can win it?
We got beaten by a better team on the day but I understand why people get frustrated. We are however, a top side this year and have done exceptionally well.

There were a number of positives yesterday but surely on a footy forum it's still OK for people to dissect the game in whatever manner they choose. Or we can keep using soft excuses like 'the team was flat' that isn't overly critical but I'm OK reading the thoughts of others especially when they go into some details to explain their views.

FWIW, I haven't read too many overly emotional responses.

There seems to be some double standards at times which frustrates me, last year it seems like a dozen players were potted because of a perceived weight issues but if anyone is critical of a players actual form then that is a bridge too far for some people to read.