We needed Lobb or someone like him this year vastly more than we need to be bringing him in next year but we will probably make that move.

For me it all comes down to what happens with Dunkley, Hunter, B.Smith and Williams because once that is sorted it could create plenty of options.
I hate to say it but I don't think Jones and Lobb are going to make us a top 4 side next year because we are a fair way off the mark.

Once again, we have failed to back up after a successful season and for some reason we don't handle a level of expectation being placed on us.

So the questions the club needs to ask and answer are:
Why did we fall away so far this year from what was an outstanding 2021 season?
Why would we be confident that we can land ourselves the right sort of trade targets to get us back into top 4 calculations next year?
Are we prepared to potentially take a hit and invest in the draft?

I'd be happy enough to go into the draft with whatever we can get. For example, if Brisbane are chasing points to land Ashcroft and Fletcher could we assemble enough 3rd round picks to snare their first round pick off them?
Ie Hunter moves to Essendon for a 3rd rounder, we lose Dunkley for a 1st and 3rd rounder and maybe something for Williams.

Could we then potentially have 3 x 1st rounders?
Could we move two of them to move up the order and split one of them for 2 picks later?

To me we can either re-energize this list via the draft or we can stay around the mark with some trades but we won't seriously threaten until we know why the gap in the best and worst of this group is so big.
Once the club really assesses what went wrong this year it really shapes our approach to the trade period and the draft.