Quote Originally Posted by Danjul View Post
The problem with Bruce is very simple. He is going to be played no matter what.

When he is out of form he gets games in the firsts to run into form.

That was done in 2020 and to describe it as not a great year is dishonest. It was disgraceful and his selection was shameful. Held back the team on the field and prevented player development. And he never gained form. Look at the elimination final where he got us eliminated.

In 2021 he was obviously in better shape and certainly should have been played. And after his 10 goal haul against north he seemed very confident in later games. Helped get and keep us at the top of the ladder. Excellent.

This year he has been totally out of form again, although some think goalless for three and a half games was an excellent return. He was a liability against Geelong and Freo. Poor performances which did more to help us lose than win. Couldn’t run properly, couldn’t turn, timing was out, generally made bad positions. All to be expected in the circumstances.

All others are judged on ‘where they are at’ . Bruce is judged on ‘where he has been’.

And they don’t even try to hide the fact! It is the blatant disrespect for genuine ‘selection’ principles that gets me.

And I don’t blame Bruce In any way. They pick him so he plays. He does his best and I hope next year’s return is a repeat of 2021.
Who are the some? Sorry but this is a ridiculous comment.