Thanks Thanks:  23
Likes Likes:  24

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Re: I've been looking at our Salary Cap / Total Player Payments.

Quote Originally Posted by bornadog View Post
    De Koning at Carlton will be out of contract at the end of 2023 and said he will put off any contract talks till the end of year.

Any takers?

Can we lure him with a big contract and is he worth it
    Not sure he's my priority, while a huge talent. Just for me, i'd like to draft a mid with a First Rounder, package up two firsts for a mid or KPD and take a FA mid/KPD at minimum. Whilst the optimist in me wants Keath, Jones and Bruce to succeed as KPDs for two years. That's probably their careers done there. With Darcy playing possibly anywhere, Gardner and Busslinger need reinforecments for two years or possibly sooner if the 'old mens club' bodies don't hold up as I'd hope for.

So looking more at the OOC list. Caleb Serong somehow remains uncontracted. His stats this year rate around Liberatore & Dunkley for clearances, centre clearances, stoppage clearances, contested possessions, disposals and tackles. With Dunkley gone, and Libba not getting any younger. I think we could do worse than try to get a young bull to cover the loss and impending loss of two old bulls.

But for the fun of it, here's our ongoing shopping list from the thread/s to date:

Bergman
    Lohmann
    Butts
    Tom De Koning
    Sam Taylor
    Lohmann
    Callaghan
    Mckay (FA)
    Fiorini (FA)
    Himmelberg (FA)

From the views and options raised to date, so far I like a gun mid at the draft first round, a gun mid such (worth First and Future First), KPD Free Agent (ie McKay or Himmelberg ideally as higher quality options, but if they're off the table then maybe lesser FA options like Melican or even Menegola if he continues to perform as a defender could be solid 'ready to play' additions) and Lohmann for a Second & Fourth to complete the forward line. With two fourth rounders for late picks, and likely two rookie draft picks (or SSP selections).

(The inverse is say the 2 x Firsts for a gun KPD, and then the best midfielder FA. From a Fiorini, Parish, Crisp, Dylan Moore & Gresham)

Added to Jones, Lobb, Busslinger, Clarke, Gallagher and Baker (plus one more) - that's not a bad mini-list rebuild in just two years.
    Last edited by bulldogtragic; 11-12-2022 at 11:30 AM.
    Rocket Science: the epitaph for the Beveridge era - whenever it ends - reading 'Here lies a team that could beat anyone on its day, but seldom did when it mattered most'. 15/7/2023

2. Thanks Bulldog4life thanked for this post
    Likes bornadog liked this post