Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
I suspect you are 100% right but it just cannot be an outcome of convenience - the allegations are so horrific and they need to be properly and clinically examined in the appropriate forum for the good of the game and everybody involved. And there has to be strong ramifications for everyone accused if the allegation are proven (and likewise for those who brought the allegations to light if they are proven not to have materialised).

My fanfic is they balls the whole thing up so badly the federal government get involved and launch a Royal Commission into the AFL Headquarters and it all ends with the AFL being competently managed for the good of the fans...
Quote Originally Posted by Sedat View Post
I don't think it is baseless - I have no opinion one way or the other on veracity or otherwise of the story, and am waiting for the allegations to be proven or otherwise through the appropriate forum. I am simply judging the ABC on their deafening silence, when they went chest puffed out and all guns blazing early in the life-cycle of the story. If you recall a few weeks in they were still going hard and publicly attacked Sonja Hood with strong allegations, and then very swiftly issued a full public retraction of those allegations at the threat of legal action - since then they have completely gone AWOL. It says to me they now have no faith at all in their own story, a repeated pattern of behaviour they have much previous form in unfortunately.
Meh, it could be the ABC doesn't have faith in the story or it could be the ABC management are conservative and/or cowards. (not conservative in the political sense in case that causes confusion)

I can't wait to see if this AFL investigation is half as good as their search for a new CEO