Quote Originally Posted by hujsh View Post
So what exactly have the Hawks done wrong? They did the review after hearing how shit they'd been to find out just how shit and they didn't tell the families after getting their initial accounts?

This seems like exactly the sort of thing more clubs should be doing. I'm sure all clubs have failed their players in some way or another given the blind spots most clubs would have had for mental health, indigenous welfare, CTE, etc, so they should be investigating and learning what they've done wrong and where they as clubs (and the industry as a whole) can improve. Sorry if that's inconvenient for the AFL as a 'product' but people will watch this shit regardless so we may as well not ruin as many lives in the process as possible.
To be clear I don't think the Hawks did anything wrong. But I also don't think the ABC did anything wrong reporting on a process that Hawthorn HAD completed, a review that had been published and allegations that were made.

I was just arguing that, given the ABC just reported what was in the Hawthorn review, D Mitchell should really have an issue with the review...not the guy who reported on it.