Dwayne Russell has named the five coaches he has most under pressure heading into the 2024 season.

All five of the coaches Russell has nominated either missed finals entirely or have already been eliminated.

Russell's coaching pressure meter is a top five with number one being the coach under the most heat heading into next season.

1 Luke Beveridge (Western Bulldogs)

"I think Luke Beveridge is number one," Russell said on SEN Afternoons.

"If the Dogs start the season poorly and they aren't in the top eight halfway through the year, I think it could get a little nasty as well.

"It kind of got a little nasty later this year for the Bulldog fans."

2 Ken Hinkley (Port Adelaide)

"I think Ken Hinkley is number two.

"He's contracted for two more years, but making the top eight again next year is still a pass mark.

"If they're out of the eight halfway through the season, their fans are going to get a little restless again.

"Even though there's one or two fans that are restless now, I think Ken Hinkley being reassigned, that's the right move to make for David Koch."

3 Matthew Nicks (Adelaide)

"Three is Matthew Nicks.

"He's only contracted for next year. So, if the Crows don't extend him in the next couple of months.

"He'll obviously be under a bit of pressure halfway through next year if they're not in the eight or at least around the eight.

"It depends though if they re-sign him over the summer for three more years, then he's got the long-term deal"

4 Adam Simpson (West Coast)

"I think Adam Simpson's in the top five.

"They can't go any worse than this season. West Coast can't drop below rock bottom.

"But I think the Eagles need to show some improvement at least for him to probably be safe for 2025.

"He'll coach out next year, I think regardless of what happens."

5 Justin Longmuir (Fremantle)

"Justin Longmuir might be in the top five as well.

"They were 14th this year after being in the top eight and contenders last year.

"They dropped and if Freo doesn't improve, then there'll be some heat come his way"