Quote Originally Posted by Grantysghost View Post
That's exactly where my mind went. So wtf have we been doing previously? Cynicism switch on, it feels like a nicely stage managed message for the disgruntled fan base.
You can get a training program wrong, and when external factors like Skinner come into it the difference might be five per cent but it's still a significant difference versus the competition that you can't make up, even if it's just a bit off for you.

I struggle with the concept that each year, every session, every preseason or whatever things go absolutely right. We all work in organisations that are supposed to be professional but **** this stuff up all the time. Why would the AFL/ the Bulldogs be any different?

At least it's clearly on the record on now. In the middle of quarters two, three and four, we didn't have the go to run in order to stop the bleeding and keep us competitive. Everyone wanted to know what we're doing about that, how we are going to challenge the failure. Now it's presented we get the pitch forks out?

Shit goes wrong. Organisations are fallible, as are their people. If we couldn't identify it or admit it was an issue I'd be way more concerned about it, whereas now the club feels it's got a reason why and something to train towards. I'm way more confident of progress than I was a few days ago.