Quote Originally Posted by G-Mo77 View Post
I'm out.

I actually think our Defence holds up OK. It seems I'm alone when I read these type of threads.

Anyways..........

My issue has been and still is the want and will to work which is mainly directed at our midfield and lesser extent forwards. The ball gets walked out of the middle unpressured time and time again, it moves out of the forward line way too easily also. When you watch the elite teams the work rate is incredible, the pressure is intense and their decision making in these pressure cookers are terrific. In my eyes these are 3 things we are absolutely terrible at. I just can't see our team flicking the switch and changing their attitude on the field. I honestly think our ladder position was very flattering last season, we were awful! There are quite a few teams below us who IMO are in much better positions than we are to improve just on natural progression alone and have been aggressive to try and get better. We had a review, moved some people around in the coaching box and offices and brought in some re-treads on the field. It really doesn't excite me or give me much confidence going into 2024. So yeah, I'm out quicker than Kramer was in the contest.
How quickly I forgot about the effort department. You're right this is our biggest drawback. I'm hoping Sanders can be a positive influence here. It's his mo. If some of the other guys can't get a kick up the bum in this area from seeing a rookie out work them then all hope is lost. Harmes could also be a positive in this sense.

I am curious to know how much fitness plays a part in the apparent laziness of our players. Here's hoping the new fitness team have worked some wonders.